YouTube won't load anymore in Safari!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by faroZ06, Dec 15, 2012.

1. faroZ06, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012

faroZ06 macrumors 68040

faroZ06

Ever since YouTube's design got degraded, some, about 50%, of the videos have not been loading at all in Safari and have been giving me a black screen. I Googled the problem and got results from lots of other people having the issue. FireFox won't even open anymore for me, but I tested Chrome and Safari 3.2.1, and those browsers can load the videos. But I want to use the latest Safari.

I've updated my Flash even though I think it was already updated then restarted my Mac, which didn't do anything. I also tried disabling all extensions. It was working perfectly fine until they had to go and screw up YouTube's layout!

I found some "solutions" online, but they're probably computer superstition. The only thing I tried was uninstalling Flash then reinstalling it and resetting the cookies. Some people said to disable the firewall, turn the computer off, let it sit for 10 minutes, then boot it up. It's been happening to people in all browsers ever since this YouTube downgrade.

Here's what I see: [​IMG]

Everything else on the site works fine besides it all being ugly. It's just the player.

2. MaskAndWig macrumors member

Same problem here -- on both my 2005 G5 iMac and my 2011 MacBook Pro. YouTube worked fine on both a few days ago, but now I get the same black box in place of videos. Has anyone found an answer?