Youtube & yahoo won't open in Safari or firefox

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Ram Raider, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Ram Raider macrumors newbie

Folks, curly one here. Have just upgraded my imac to Mountain Lion this week. We have two logon accounts - 1 for myself & wife, another for the kids. All working well except for some bizarre reason under the kids profile, youtube and yahoo will not open under either safari or firefox. These websites open without issue under our own Dad/mum logon profile. All other websites open fine for the kids, so why youtube & yahoo a problem?

Can't get through to the apple helpline (too busy) and our ISP provider was clueless.

Thoughts welcome.

2. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

If you have parental controls set up, I'd take a look there first. Sounds like something is blocking those two websites since you are able to access it from your user account.

3. Ram Raider thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, have already had a look at those parental controls (sorry should have mentioned that) - no restrictions on any websites at present (but there will be in due course!!). So that's not the problem I think.

Interestingly, in firefox I get a message that the page (ie;youtube) failed to reload whilst it was resetting - whatever that means.