Youtube

Discussion in 'iMac' started by TBRAMS, Aug 29, 2011.

1. TBRAMS macrumors member

Off topic but I dont know where else to post this. Does anyone know of a website that I can download YouTube Videos to Itunes for free, besides video2mp3.net?

Thank you

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you're using Safari,while viewing the video just click Window > Activity then identify the video in the list of elements (it will likely show something like "258K of 1.8MB" and will be the largest file on the list.
    ScreenCap 19.png
    Hold the option key down and double-click the file to download.
    ScreenCap 20.png

3. TechGReviewer macrumors newbie

That doesn't work, it downloads the files as a .flv

4. GhostMac24 macrumors 6502

GhostMac24

Damn I feel like an idiot for asking but I'm confused as to how exactly you can download a youtube video. I don't understand what window/activity is.

5. TBRAMS thread starter macrumors member

6. TechGReviewer macrumors newbie

dont worry it doesn't work because it downloads the video with an .flv extension. So it will only work if you have an .flv converter.

----------

you could try this out! http://www.ifunia.com/free-youtube-downloader-mac.html

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, it works. After downloading, if you only want the audio in iTunes, you can use All2MP3 or iExtractMP3 to strip out the audio. If you want the video to play in iTunes, there are many options, including this: How to Convert FLV to iTunes on Mac
    If you're using Safari, look at your Menu Bar at the top of your screen:
    ScreenCap 23.png

8. GhostMac24 macrumors 6502

GhostMac24

Perfect, thanks! That is exactly what I needed. I was able to get a video off Youtube as a test to see if I can play and then recode a flv file. I use MPEG Streamclip and it worked like a champ. Thanks for the tip!