iPhone YouTube

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Southernboyj, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Ok so I did a search.. got nothing. Has there been any announcement, speculation, etc. about the expected YouTube update for the iPhone 5.
    Probably 1 of the apps I use the most.. I wish it would hurry and get updated.
    :(

2. iPhoneApple macrumors 6502

3. Southernboyj thread starter macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

I've actually been using it, I just prefer the traditional YouTube app. Maybe I've gotten too use to it from Android devices. :p

4. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

Wow thank you! This is a great app :D

5. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

The Jasmine app is the best Youtube app I've ever used. Clean, simple and does the job perfectly and quickly, while retaining all the functionalities of the Youtube app. Also it supports iPhone 5.

The UI of the official YouTube is a bit busy and messy.

6. KeanBurke macrumors newbie

Thank you, never heard of this Jasmine app but I'm going to try it now. Whoa I love how the videos look on this app, it uses the full screen, actual HD quality videos but I don't like the fact that i can't read comments while I watch the video

7. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

You can read comments. There's a option under the video. You can even comment.

8. KeanBurke macrumors newbie

I know but I was saying I can't read them while simultaneously watching a video. But I like the app. I don't know how to view videos I've uploaded either.

9. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

The developer is releasing an update coming this week that lets you view your own uploaded videos. It's version 1.0.2. But, this coming update removes background audio and playback will be loading slightly slower because he reworked the UI to comply with YouTube's regulations. However, more videos will be available as compared to before. If you think background audio is essential, then do not update the app.

10. L-Tuned macrumors regular

Jasmine is an great app! but it has been crashing on me after a few days of using.. is it forcing me to go Pro? :rolleyes:

11. nutmac macrumors 68040

I like Jasmine but the app doesn't let me what most of the contents I am interested in. I get "YouTube has restricted feeds" error whether I reinstall the app or not.