youtube?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michaelmaxwell2, Jul 6, 2008.

1. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

since the iphone is now 3g and its twice as fast do we get wifi quality picture?

2. draperm25 macrumors regular

draperm25

hopefully, thats one thing that i realised is when you were using the edge network, it took a while to load and then it wasn't very good video quality.

3. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

I sure hope so. I think we will. would be a disappointment if it werent

4. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

It's entirely possible. I hope this will be the case.

5. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

Well i'll tell you I have a Blackberry now on Alltel with EVDO and the images come up just the same as they would on any DSL. If HSDPA isnt up to that quality then they cant compete with the other big 3 on EVDO. I really dont know what he is talking about lower quality images unless thats a setting on his iphone or something to make the internet faster by downgrading the images.

6. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Generally, the quality of the video can be linked to the connection speed - EDGE get's crappy quality, 3G gets better, wifi on a decent connection can get desktop broadband quality. The reference movie thingumy can work wonders...

7. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

The Youtube app on the iPhone will download lower quality versions of videos if you're on EDGE and high quality if you're on WiFi.

8. gentlegiantcrai macrumors regular

I am on 3g right now and the Youtube App still gives me quality of that of Edge, the same pixilated quality!!!!!

9. Resident Guru macrumors member

Just another reason for a 1st gen iPhone owner to wait. Personally, I'm waiting for a REAL upgrade. Something like video recording, MMS, camera upgrade and a faster processor.

10. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Video recording and MMS are software. Honestly, I think if Apple hasn't put it in by this point they never will... unless that's going to be their "new" feature next year. :rolleyes:

11. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

I really hope they release some flash support to handle multimedia functions on the internet. Not like I want to watch a high production animation that makes high end computers crawl, but just video, audio, and simple menues.

I'm shocked at the horrible quality of the youtube app over 3G. I heard it was bad because of edge, why did they not increase quality for 3G?

12. Resident Guru macrumors member

I still think those software features will happen, although it's really just a software upgrade. Also, a longer battery life would be awesome, some days my iPhone is dead by the end of the day, I can't imagine how fast my phone would die if I was on 3g a great deal.

13. Resident Guru macrumors member

I too am hoping for flash support, so many websites I can't enjoy on my phone due to this.