YoutubeX question

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by GanChan, Jun 30, 2007.

1. GanChan macrumors 6502a

I've been playing around with the YoutubeX.com site, downloading youtube videos into .flv files. The only player I have that will play the files is VLC, but it throws error messages first:

access_file: seeking too far
    access_file: seeking too early
    access_file: seeking too far

I dismiss the messages, and the video plays normally, except for fast-forward or reverse! I can speed or slow the video from the VLC drop-down menu options, but if I try to use the console buttons to do it, it crashes VLC completely. Anyone have any thoughts on this error? Or does anyone have any suggestions for other free Flash players I can try? Thanks.

2. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

VLC returns those errors rather frequently from low bitrate videos. You can choose to suppress any further error messages, but that won't help with your ff/rw problem.

If you google for an flv player for Mac OS X, you will get many results. Try one of those instead.

3. sandau macrumors member

you can suppress the error messages for that session, but it pops up the next time you start VLC with the same issue. VLC should have an option to ignore all errors. I get this damn message every time i open a video from my linksys web cam emails. bleh.

4. darkcurse macrumors 6502a

darkcurse

If you're on a Mac go and get the perian plugins for quicktime. Then let quicktime play the .flv's. I do that all the time and its flawless :D Oh and you might want to use javimoya to download your vids instead. I dunno but that's what I use :D