YouView not working

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by iceman45575, Jul 20, 2016.

1. iceman45575 macrumors member

iceman45575

Hey guys I got my PowerBook G4 and I downloaded YouView for YouTube videos but when I try to play a YouTube video It says It cant load the video and to try loading the video in a low version. When I press OK it says it cannot find the video. Is there any settings I need to adjust or am I using an outdated version? If I am can you please link me to the correct download? Thanks!

2. MacCubed macrumors 68000

MacCubed

YouView and other Youtube clients no longer work as YouTube updated their API. This renders 3rd party apps useless, along with the old Youtube app for iOS. A good fix for this is to download TenFourFox, along with the QuickTimeEnabler extension and with Perian. Once you have this all downloaded, right click on a Youtube video in TFF, and click play in quicktime.

3. iceman45575 thread starter macrumors member

iceman45575

Ok thanks
    --- Post Merged, Jul 20, 2016 ---
    When I try to do this quicktime says the file is not a movie file. How can I fix this?

4. MacCubed macrumors 68000

MacCubed

Sometimes this happens, try another video or restart your Mac

5. iceman45575 thread starter macrumors member

iceman45575

It still doesn't work even after I restart my Mac :(

6. pochopsp macrumors 6502

pochopsp

iceman... quicktime enabler is not a good way anymore... The best ways to watch youtube videos are two:
    1) download clicktoplugin for safari and it will allow you to play the video in safari with the html5 player very smoothly
    2) download PPC media center, when you copy a youtube or dailymotion url it allows you to watch videos in quicktime, and even to download them...

7. Dronecatcher macrumors 68000

Dronecatcher

Follow the advice in your original thread - then you wouldn't have wasted your time with Youview and Quicktime Enabler ;)