Yup, I bought another case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by map1978, Feb 22, 2009.

1. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

I have been using a black seidio innocase II for a little bit now, and I just love that case. I'm not into flashy cases but I felt that the innocase was getting a little boring looking. So I was at one of my local apple stores checkin out cases. They had tons and I couldn't resist the metallic red incase slider. It was buried in the back and I was like wow. I tried it and bought it on the spot. Looks great against a black iphone.

The Incase Slider works fine with my PS Anti-glare

If your protector is lined up, any case will work. It's that simple.

Well check out some pics...pics dont do it justice as the color looks sweet in person. Reminds me of my red curve 8310.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. karleaglemac macrumors regular

karleaglemac

3. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

the metallics are smoother than the matte incase sliders for sure. i'm not a phone dropper so it doesn't effect me. slip in and out of pocket better than the matte versions IMO.

4. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

do these incase sliders develop scratches on the back of the iphones, i remember certain types of "slide" cases were leaving marks on the back? has anyone heard of this happening with this particular one?

5. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

the incase slider has 2 rubber rails on the inside of the case so its not actually plastic touching plastic. i've had no problems with them. i really only trust these incase sliders and my innocase II (that case is lined with felt).

6. karleaglemac macrumors regular

karleaglemac

I had the gunmetal InCase Slider and returned it because it was way too slippery. I was always paranoid that it was going to fall out of my hand. Your new red Slider looks gorgeous, I just couldn't use it because I would have trouble holding it. That's just me though.

7. robbrick macrumors member

so which case do you use now?

8. karleaglemac macrumors regular

karleaglemac

After a ton, I mean a TON of research, I ended up going with the Switcheasy Colors in Stealth. I was a little apprehensive because of the red button covering the home button, but I must say I am incredibly pleased.

For $15 you get a clean, smooth looking case, with full protection (including a headphone plug and docking plug protector), 2 screen protectors, a microfiber, and a squeegee. The feel of the case is EXACTLY what I was looking for and I love how the back of the case is perfectly clean looking.

The only drawback is the red button. :( I've emailed Switcheasy to see if they would ever make a Stealth colorway with a black button. I just don't understand the red?!

9. a1sterling macrumors newbie

10. karleaglemac macrumors regular

karleaglemac

Honestly. No dust, no scratches.

11. AGIPSY macrumors regular

I've had the metallic red incase slider for abotu 2 months now. It certainly gets dust in it (not a lot, but still a noticeable amount), and little nicks on my chrome. this stuff is unavoidable with any case, but there's not way dust CAN'T get in there.

12. a1sterling macrumors newbie

Thanks. Please let us know if you get a response from Switcheasy on making the Colors case in all black!