Yup still more questions on unlock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Zadeis, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Zadeis macrumors newbie

OK I had posted earlier about info on jailbreaking. And I thank you whomever helped me.

Now I have come with more questions.

After Jailbreaking an iphone you can unlock it so it can be used on any carrier. I plan on putting a pay as you go type card in and use that service. Now when you jailbreak and you turn off the phone you have to plug it into your computer again to turn it on so its re jailbroken.

Now jailbreaking isn't my focus its the unlocking so I can use another SIM card.

Could I turn off my phone and turn it back on and still use it just not jail broken but still unlocked or am I SOL?

Edit:

Im also buying a phone outright. Now buying one outright cause it to cost a pretty penny but doesn't have me locked into a contract.

Is it already unlocked and i have been thinking about this way to hard or is it locked.

2. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

You need to JB before you unlock. So why would your iPhone have unlock when your JB is gone? So you are expecting the unlock to stay there after your iPhone is not JB? Come on... use your common sense.

3. Zadeis thread starter macrumors newbie

Well you are talking to somewhat of an idiot. I have my moments where I ain't bright :D.
    Anyhow so your saying if I were to buy one outright it isn't unlocked? Because some people have theirs officially unlocked after their contract was done and I was wondering if this was the case if you to buy one outright.

4. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

What phone were you planning to buy and where from?

5. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

you can buy a factory unlocked phone(i dont know much about them) or a normal phone... As of now some phones cannot be unlocked (3gs)

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

ts where do you live

if you are the USA then you can not get it Factory Unlocked you can buy it with out a contract though! you JB a phone then Unlock if it's factory unlocked you don't have to worry about loosing you unlock!

7. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

There is not enough information for what you are asking. Where are you buying your iphone? Buying at different places would end up with different answer. If you are to buy iphone officially unlock then why worry about unlock.