yxplayer app

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Formul, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Formul macrumors member

Yxplayer lets you play all kind of files on an iPad, mkvs, avis, flvs all work BUT the iPad simply doesnt have processing power to play them smoothly or at least close to smooth. Sound is OK, so it can work well as music player of your wma files i guess, but until something is done about performance of the app, its not worth 5$. So just a warning/heads up for all, who want to play their files without converting to apple-friendly format.

2. godspeed macrumors member

3. Formul thread starter macrumors member

tried it with a small flv file - doesnt work, at least in current version, but if that app can be approved by apple into the appstore, VLC sure can be as well, so there is HOPE!

4. Nighthawk4 macrumors newbie

I downloaded a lot of YouTube videos and wanted to play them on the iPad.

They played in VLC on the Mac, but wouldn't play on the iPad. I tried yxplayer and they played but were distorted visually, with diagonal black lines.

I used Handbrake to convert them to mp4 format. They played beautifully on the iPad.

Then yesterday, there was an update for yxplayer. I installed that and now it doesn't play mp4 any more. They load but don't run. Even better, the original files are still distorted on screen, but now with no sound.

Why did they have to update the App? :(