Zag Full body iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ajohnson253, Mar 8, 2009.

1. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

2. iFerd macrumors 6502a

I never tried the full body version, but I didn't like the tacky feel and the orange peel appearance of the screen protector I tried. It went back for a no-questions-asked refund.

Others swear by them, though, so this is only one opinion.

3. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

okay gotcha, I have the anti-glare film protective cover on the screen. I'll just stick to my incase slider then

4. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

I have the zagg body shield, and my only complaints are pretty much what the other poster said. There is a definite tacky feel to it, which is sometimes useful in case you nearly drop it, and while I don't mind it, my friends absolutely hate the feeling. Also, the 'orange-peel' look does slightly affect clarity, however, unless you put it against a non covered one, you don't tend to notice it. If I were you and you wanted to change, leave the front anti glare piece and cover the rest with the zagg.

5. davyreins macrumors 6502

The corners are tough to get to stay down. Even if you put it on correctly, over time they might start to peel off.

6. Katuls macrumors member

I have the full body Zagg. It's then inside of an Element Case. I have found over the years that Zagg will keep my phone in the nicest condition, so the re-sale vale will be higher when I finally decide to dump my iphone for the Samsung Android phone =)

7. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

I bought the Invisible Shield for my iPhone a little more than two months ago, but I just removed it yesterday.

It was a little difficult to put on, but I would say I did a really good job on applying it. I have some complaints though. My Invisible shield DID stain after a while (about after a month), and since my iPhone is white it was very apparent. It had an off-white color, and the left and right edges of the back had a very faint red color. The corners would also get dirt clung to it.

I was very surprised on how white the iPhone actually was once I removed the shield. Well I can say that the shield worked, because my phone was scratch-free. I didn't like the screen protector though. Aside from the orange peel effect, it also began to develop two spots on the INSIDE of the film. They were similar to what you get on your car windshield when it rains and the rain dries but you still see spots from the dried water.

The Shield was very simple to remove; you just peel it off. I'm sure the staining of the shield won't be a problem with a black iPhone. But also keep in mind that the Invisible Shield does not protect your phone from drops. It might be scratch free, but it will break.

8. Deathshead macrumors newbie

the Bodyguardz version is said to be crystal clear vs the zacc version that has alot of orange peel and is hazy..