Zag Invisible Shield 50% Off Sale - Anyone own?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FTWrath, May 30, 2011.

1. FTWrath macrumors newbie

2. ann713 macrumors 6502a

Not the best shield. You'll eventually get bubbles or lint/dirt around the edges, which in turn will start to peel off. The orange peel effect also looks and feels tacky. I guess the good thing is that you'd have the lifetime warranty.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I've had bodyguardz shield and these things develop micro scratch really easily. Took it off.

4. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

I purchased a package of 10 front/10 back screen shields off ebay for $1.99 and free shipping. They aren't the best quality, but for the dirt cheap price, it's worth it. If they scratch I just take it off and throw on a fresh one. No need to spend $20 on screenshields.

5. FTWrath thread starter macrumors newbie

Eh those things don't sound too good.
    I've had one on my Evo 4G but only on rear and it help very good but at the same time it was on a different kind of build material than the iPhone 4

6. the.sheepdog macrumors regular

the.sheepdog

7. FTWrath thread starter macrumors newbie

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I had Zagg on my iPhone 4 until PowerSupport Released theirs and same with my iPad 2. I absolutely could not stand the orange peel tackiness. It drove me crazy and was really hard to clean and keep clean. PowerSupport is definitely worth the money. I've had it for just under 11 months and it is still perfect.

9. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

The Zagg shields are nice at first but eventually they wear out. Like said in a previous most go on eBay and buy pack of inexpensive screen protectors.

10. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

I have Zagg on both my iPad and iPhone. Love' em.

11. vampireszombies macrumors 6502

Dont even bother with Zagg. It'll make your phone feel like sticky plastic.
    Get PowerSupport.
    They have ones that also cover the front & back.
    They are in my own opinion, the very best out there

12. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I don't like the Zagg screen shields, but I love the Zagg Leatherskins. I just got a brown lizard skin, I already have the normal black leather.

13. rwd hero macrumors 6502

The people saying the zagg wears out must not be aware of the fact that zagg offers a lifetime warranty. I have personally had my front and back zagg replaced once a month since I first purchased the shield. Truly is the best shield out there value wise.

14. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

I own for all products. Love and highly recommend

15. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

+1.. Plus you get a lifetime guarantee. I've gotten like 4 new ones already just pay shipping and they send you a brand new one... can't beat it

16. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

But has anyone actually gone through with a warranty replacement? You have to send back the old product, and then pay shipping for the new one. That's what, $10-$15? I've dealt with their returns before, and I cannot recall their shipping methods being cheap.

And no, you can't do it in-store. From the website FAQ:

17. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

If you purchase the Zagg in store, you register it online to get the warranty replacement. Since you're using the code you order from their website and it'll already be registered. Shipping is 3 or 4 bucks, cant remember exactly. You need to ship the old one back in an envelope to prove you're actually returning it and not keeping the "replacement"
    never had a problem with my returns

18. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

For the iPhone 4 Invisible Shield, and it's $2.99 via USPS First Class Mail. So that's $6 spent on shipping. Assuming you got it at the 50% discount for $12.50, that's almost 50% of the price of the original product. Not a great warranty.

I'm glad I never keep a device longer than the shield lasts.

19. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

what do you mean $6 for shipping? You mean to return the old one? I put it in an envelope with the return number and put a stamp on it. That's all.

20. Uln4321 macrumors regular

I've used ZAGG on all of my products including my iPad and iPhone. Have never noticed any peeling or discoloration and would defiantly recommend it. Even if something does happen you cant get as many replacements for as long as you want just pay shipping ( usually $4) it's also 50% off can't really beat that!

21. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

I've never had a product of theirs that fit into an envelope, so I wouldn't have known. But having to spend an additional quarter of the cost of the original product to take advantage of the warranty... Why can't they ship back for free?

Still, Ghost Armor has (had?) a better warranty. Walk up to the store/booth, they replace it, walk away.

22. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Zagg shields are the best. I wouldn't recommend anything else.

23. bmustaf, May 30, 2011
    Last edited: May 30, 2011

bmustaf macrumors regular

I've had ZAGGs on *all* my products they make them for, and I *DON'T* like them (anymore). I just haven't switched b/c the lifetime warranty made it dumb to switch and pay a penalty. I have since found the other products to be so superior in feel & look (and preserving the "pop" of the display) that the few bucks I save with their "warranty" (i'm sorry, read: shield replacement at only a 100% markup - USPS FCM to ship a new shield whose landed cost to the US was $.25/unit to begin with *at best* isn't $3.99).

What they call a "warranty" I call a heavily discounted replacement program to a highly, highly marked up product...don't get sucked in with the misleading terminology.

They (I feel) had an early product & model lead (e.g. great protection+ unlimited replacements on a 200x marked up product business model = awesome). Since then, others' technology has gotten better, or at least widened to include more than just one phone model/size. I feel like the other vendors are now slinging appreciably better product at the same price point, so $20 for a shield I like that doesn't look horrible and kills the screen quality (I am always amazed how good the Retina display looks sans shield when I'm changing it, then sucks again when I put the new one on) is a much better deal than a cheap shield I can get new ones of when it beings to fail.

I'll switch away from the ZAGGs because the orange peel ruins the display quality and feels horrible. I really liked the Power Support product I played with. A lot. And I think one PS shield will last longer than 2-3 ZAGGs. Just my anecdotal experience.

I really, really do not like the look and feel of the ZAGG shield after experiencing the other products. So, unless the other defenders of ZAGG shields can say they've actually tried a few other products and *STILL* prefer it/think the unlimited replacements ('cause you'll need it!) are a good value, I would take it with a grain of salt. Of course, I didn't know there *was* better until I went out and tried it...my head was in the sand as I kept paying $4/replacement for shipping and handling. Knowing that a few times ago would be $12 towards a product I like more that only costs $20 (and probably don't need to replace all the time).

24. shikari89 macrumors member

shikari89

I don't think zagg shields are the best out there. I had a non brand screen protector on my 1st gen iPhone and loved how smooth it was. The zagg protector has a sticky texture to it which I dont really care for. I do think its great protection for how little I paid for it.

25. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Wow, I'm surprised that people like Zagg products so much. I've been using Power Support Crystal Film for the longest and have been thoroughly pleased with their product. It's easy to apply, lines up nicely with the 3 holes on the front, handles fingerprints and smudges well and hasn't peeled at the edges at all.