Zagg clear screen cover

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Benenstein, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Benenstein macrumors regular

I always invest in a case and a screen cover...I always tend to go with Zagg as well because I like their quality and the fact that they'll replace your screen protector for free if anything happens to it (that is, if you send in the older one).

I was looking at their website and found this:

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield...s-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields/9466

I have never used a glass screen protector. Thoughts/experiences?

Also, any recommendations on a screen/full body protector for the iPhone 6 Plus?

2. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

I have the glass screen protector on my note 3 and LOVE it. You cant even tell its on,and you get no reduction in clarity. It was worth every penny IMO.

3. Benenstein thread starter macrumors regular

Awesome! I might just go with that, then!

4. KiKiDee macrumors regular

KiKiDee

I haven't had experience with a glass screen protector, but I can tell you one thing... don't get the ZAGG full body armor (skin) for the iPhone. I had one on my original 5 and it ruined the back of it when I peeled it off. It destroyed the finish of the metal and the logo/shiny apple print. I still use ZAGG screen protectors, but will never get a full body shield from them again.

5. EzDoesItSC macrumors member

I was wondering if the full zagg protection that is applied to the whole phone would protect the phone enough to not need a case?

6. Benenstein thread starter macrumors regular

Not for impact. My screen has still shattered with the full body skin, unfortunately.

Zagg also doesn't offer a full body skin for the 6 plus at this point in time :(

7. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't trust it. I had it on one of my older devices and its just a thin piece of plastic that may protect against scrapes if dropped but I will not think it would protect the phone from cracking or internal damage. I would play it safe and just put it in a case.

8. bigdog5142 macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

I have the Zagg Glass on my iPhone 5S And my iPad Air...they are simply the best out there. Goes on VERY easy (at least for me...I've put a lot of screen protectors on over the years) and the glass feels like the original screen. Should it EVER crack or chip, Zagg replaces for free for the lifetime of your product, no questions asked. I'm a part of their loyalty program (owned a lot over the years) so my replacements are shipped free, otherwise it's $4 for shipping. You simply return the damaged protector after you receive the new one, and your lifetime warranty stays intact.

I don't work for Zagg...but I LOVE their screen protectors. Can't stand their keyboards...never liked the full-body skins, either. They can peel easily and only protect from scratches. Their best products are the glass and HD InvisibleShield, IMO.

9. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

10. The19th macrumors regular

I have a glass screen protector from Tech Armor on my iPad mini Retina. It looks great, and the only time I know it's there is when I try to press the home button. It feels like it's recessed more compared to my non-glass iPhone screen protector.

As far as functionality–Using my finger to navigate works fine, though when I use a stylus to take notes in Notability, it doesn't seem to track as well and my notes look like a kindergartener dictated.

My only hesitation with all 3 of Zagg's protectors (original/hdx/glass) are the notched cutouts by the earpiece and home buttons. Seems to be the trend nowadays.

11. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

I got it for my iPad mini 2nd Gen and iPhone 5s when ZAGG had a 50% off sale a few months back. I'm gonna pick it up for my iPhone when it comes out in stores.