ZAGG Folio

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by scotland007, Sep 9, 2011.

1. scotland007, Sep 9, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2011

scotland007 macrumors regular

I just wanted to advise, i had ordered one of the new Zagg Folio keyboards for the iPad 2 with 2 day delivery. The order was placed on Monday and still no delivery and after 2 emails to customer service, absolutely no email response.

A little frustrating but wanted to advise in case others expect a normal response.

2. King Julian macrumors regular

Bad customer service aside, once you do get hold of the keypad, I would be interested to know how you find the Zagg.

3. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

Zagg usually takes awhile to actually ship the order to your home. If you tracked the order you could easily see that it was probably shipped out to you later.

They also have a toll free number.

4. scotland007 thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

No tracking still shows in process. When you pay for 2 day shipping, I would figure that was 2 business days after ordering..apparently not..

I am excited about getting it, looks great, just a poor upfront experience.

5. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

It still hasn't been shipped out to you yet. You will still get it in 2 days after they ship it to you.

For instant support, call their customer support number.

6. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

i ordered a couple things from the Apple Store (on a Sunday), ships in 24 hours. i received a shipping notice on Wednesday.

7. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

yep, I had to do a chargeback from them in order to get a refund. they're pretty bad

8. scotland007 thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Do you work there or something? If it is in stock and not on backorder, shouldn't it ship the next day. What is annoying is that in today's age of email after 2 days no email response despite promised a response after 1 day. Again terrible customer service.

9. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

No I do not, sorry.:cool: The nearest Zagg office to me is in Ireland.

I've ordered many products from them in the past and I've always had the same issue. Its just how they ship their products. Their email support stinks. I've always had better luck with their phone support method.

10. King Julian macrumors regular

I assume that you have order the product direct from Zagg, I know there were an initial issue with the clasp on the folio but I understand that this has been rectified.

11. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

Totally agree. It's BS when you pay for 2 day, but the company doesn't ship it out. So you paid all this extra money and still wait a week+. They should eat the shipping fee.

Also, no excuse for not replying to email. Zagg is on my "do not buy" list now.

I just don't get why companies can be so lazy. I was looking at buying an expensive gun case. I kept filling out the website form asking for information but they wouldn't email me. I finally left another message saying I bought one from their competitor.

12. scotland007 thread starter macrumors regular

Well I tried customer care, their recorded message is still from last weekend's labor day holiday, perhaps they took the labor holiday part a bit too far and are AWOL this month..cowboys..

13. glen e macrumors 68030

When I did not know better from reading here and got my ipad1 a few years ago, I bought a zagg and tried to put it on myself. I am fully familiar with applying decals from boat lettering and applying 3M CF film. It was a mess and when I called them to ask a better way, I was told I "applied it wrong" and should seek out a Zagg Kiosk or BB. Even tho I followed the directions to the letter, had decal paddles for air bubbles and all the tools.

Never again...dry applications for me only...I'm convinced the wet apps are so they can sell them at kiosks in malls and give you the impression you need to have a"professional" (read 16 year old idiot) do it at the kiosk for $50..

14. LoveSteve macrumors member

the invisible shield had caused water damage to my phone when i tried to put it on... never use zagg again

15. MacBpro macrumors member

Not just the customer service ... the product is terrible too... bubbles showing up few weeks after installation....

16. scotland007 thread starter macrumors regular

It gets even better, just been advised by customer care that it takes 1-2 weeks to fulfill the order then you have shipping time, so in reality if you ordered with ground shipping it could take you 3 weeks to get it, even my 2 day shipping could take 16 days total. What a crock since this was a birthday gift for tomorrow. Thanks zagg

17. larock macrumors member

I ordered two replacement screen savers on September 1st, back to back orders (within minute of each other). First order arrived on the 7th, the second just arrived today (Labor Day, a Federal Holiday was on the 5th). I like Zagg products and I usually find ordering from the website is cheaper than stopping by BestBuy. So I had to wait, minor inconvenient in my life.

18. scotland007 thread starter macrumors regular

well, it actually shipped after 2 weeks, i did eventually get through to customer service a few days ago and they decided to also send along a free invisi-shield. I have to say the keyboard is pretty awesome. Some say the keys are too close, but i am more of a finger typer so to me it works perfect. The case feels great so really it was worth the wait.

19. nick428 macrumors newbie

I hate when 2 days turns into a week +! I'm in the market for a folio case as well...anyone know a good ecommerce site to go through?