Zagg front protector cut smaller than the full body?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by LoneWolf121188, Nov 21, 2010.

1. LoneWolf121188 macrumors 6502a

My friend picked up a Zagg front protector for his iphone 4 yesterday from best buy, and it's definitely cut smaller than my front protector that came with my full body kit. The home button and speaker cutouts are lined up perfectly, but there's a millimeter or two on all sides that the protector doesn't cover. Is this on purpose? Or did he get a bad protector?

2. barkingDog macrumors regular

barkingDog

That's the new "Case Friendly" version of the Zagg product. It consists of only a front protector, and not the sides and back.

It was recently released, and the folks who installed my full body protector -- in a gesture of goodwill (since it wasn't available when they installed the full version) -- gladly swapped out just the front full protector for the case friendly version. Consequently, I now have the full body version on the back/sides, and case friendly version on the front.

HTH answer your question.

3. LoneWolf121188 thread starter macrumors 6502a

hmmmm...seems a little silly. It's not like a super thin film extending to the edges will have any impact on a case going over it...

4. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

It doesn't affect the case, the case affects it. A lot of cases cause screen protectors to bubble. Having it cut slightly smaller prevents that.

5. xyphr3 macrumors member

Oh yeah, I have an incase and I purchased a "first generation iPhone4 zagg shield" and even though I waited a whole week before putting on my incase, it still pulled at the edges and bubbled. Here in Houston, when the humidity shoots up, the bubbles would grow bigger. I had to take off my shield because I had to replace my i4. I am considering getting a new one put on soon that allows my case to fit properly.