zagg full body

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Cuneyd, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Cuneyd macrumors member

i just ordered this for iphone 4s from amazon yesterday for like $22 im not sure if i did good or not:/ what do you think?

2. c14nhl macrumors 6502

c14nhl

Had 3 of them. Think they are great. It's a shame to change the feel of the phone, but the piece of mind knowing you can throw your phone into your pocket with some loose change and your keys makes it worth it.

3. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

never really liked the feel of their screen protectors, or any screen protectors really. I switched to a back skin only and sometimes use a bumper.

Never dropped my iPhone 4, and likely won't drop the 4S either...

4. ozshadow macrumors regular

I love them on the front and back. Had no interest in the sides of the 4S.

I had the complete coverage set on my Blackberry 8330 and it is still holding on after 3 years. I only lost 2 tiny pieces. Only toward the very end of use did the edges of the large pieces start coming up. I carried it in a leather belt case every day.

5. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

Hmm. Guess I'll be the first to say I find Zagg's to just.. well... be total garbage.

The feel is terrible, it's visually horrendous with that orange peel look....

I'll admit, I have used one on my 3GS and one on my Nikon S80 camera [the rear LCD]. Both are just piss poor. Do they work? Sure, but they're far from perfectly smooth... granted they do fit perfectly.

FWIW, it's a personal preference... just give it a shot and make your own judgment :)

6. 0r30 macrumors 6502

0r30

I dont like it much

I had one on my ipod touch and it started turning yellow and the rubbery feel how it intervenes with the screen crisp resolution is just :(

I use phantom skins

7. VeNoMiZeD macrumors 6502

POWER SUPPORT CRYSTAL front and back. Nothing beats this screen/back protector. It's smooth like nothing is on there, believe it!

8. rockametrics macrumors regular

SGP or Nothing. I used Zagg for 3G and 4. Never again. SGP feels like there is no screen protector on there. I like the Ultra Crystal because it doesn't hinder the retina display. The Zagg compromises the retina.

9. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Zagg is crap IMO. Peels, peels, peels. Feels rubbery.

I'm anti shield for phones, but if I must I like clear-coat shields only. Have one on iPad 2 and air.

10. takeshi74 macrumors 601

I don't care for them and use SGP and PS protectors instead (much closer to bare glass in feel) but it's a completely subjective matter. There are plenty of people that do like them. You need to make the call for yourself. What I, or anyone else, think doesn't matter.

A screen protector won't help with impact damage anyway.

Not by a long shot. Try searching and looking on other sites.

11. ShionoyaTamaki macrumors 6502

12. azm macrumors newbie

i recommend buying from bestskinsever.com used it on my HP touchpad and its the same quality as zagg but only costs like $12 for total body

13. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

I just bought the iwrap...
    I love it. It's better than the zagg. I can actually play games on my iPhone.

14. ann713, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011

ann713 macrumors 6502a

IMO Zagg's Invisibleshield are one of the worst shields in the market, one of which turns yellow and peels off the quickest. Not to mention the terrible orange-peel effect, along with a rubbery sticky feel. I recommend other brands such as Wrapsol or Phantomskinz. Of course, nothing is nice as keeping the phone bare, but these are really good alternatives in comparison to Invisibleshield.

15. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

Anyone know if any of the full body kits would fit a battery case like the Phonesuite Elite?

Thanks

16. Technology Brat macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I like the Ghost Armor better, no orange peel feeling and great against fingerprints for a glossy protector. They are fantastic! Have it on my 4s and iPad 2!

17. chrisvee macrumors regular

+1 bestskinever. I have the total body skin on my 4S right now, and it's great! I bought two sets almost $10 each.

I have used Zagg in the past. They do have a good product, but it definitely has an "orange peel" feel, and yes, they are quite pricey. And with that, I gotta go with BSE.