Zagg glass and great customer service.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by maflynn, Feb 23, 2015.

1. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I just had the zagg glass installed on my 6+, I have to say I'm quite impressed.

Backstory:
    My kid's iPod touch's ghost armor was coming off, we had that installed at a kiosk at my local mall. Since its warrantied, I was heading back there. We arrived and no ghost armor, in its place was Zagg. I asked how much to get the screen protectors for the iPod touches and he said 20 bucks for each. Too much money at this point, and I told him so. He thought about it and said he'd do the work as warranty.

Wow, talk about customer support - I was impressed. I saw the kiosk had the tempered glass protectors and I started talking to him. Since he gave us a great deal on the iPod touches, and I was thinking of this anyways, I took the plunge.

Quite a different feel from the Ghost armor, its hard to explain but it feels better and it definitely looks better.

2. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

I took the plunge as well from Zagg HDX to glass on my 6 and I'm in love with it. It's so smooth and clear, sometimes you can hardly tell it's there.

3. wendimc macrumors member

4. maflynn thread starter Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

So far, now that I've had this for a few days, I'm really impressed with the fit and finish. It feels a lot better then the ghost armor and the display seems crisper, if that makes sense.

5. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

+1. Love the Zagg Glass on my 6+. I feel it actually improves the iPhone's display.

Kristin

6. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

If you don't mind spending a small fortune (compared to the competition). Zagg is great.

but if you have basic skills you can do this yourself with the same quality for about $10

7. DJLAXL macrumors 6502

DJLAXL

These screens are horrible. As an avid Zagger since my iPhone 1 I've gone through 3 of them so far with my 6 Plus. They scratch easily, they lose their fingerprint coating quickly, and they crack easily. Dropped my phone on SB Sunday and it smashed not only the Zagg but my screen as well. $140 to replace, along with the $6 to replace the Zagg and it scuffed up again. I removed it this morning and lo and behold it shattered all over. They are thinner than the glass I had on my 5S but I thiknk it really detracted from the build quality. I may go to an HDX as I dont want to keep my screen unprotected but definitely advise against the Zagg Glass.