Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 5, 2011
So got a Zagg Glass HD from Best Buy (the blue light filter version, which looks to be the only version available now at Best Buy).

The Geek Squad people tried four times to install on my 6S and each time, they couldn't get it lined up properly, so I told them to just give me a refund on the installation and I'd try installing myself. Got it perfectly lined, BUT the edges on both sides won't stick.

Anyone else have this issue with Zagg Glass?

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
So got a Zagg Glass HD from Best Buy (the blue light filter version, which looks to be the only version available now at Best Buy).

The Geek Squad people tried four times to install on my 6S and each time, they couldn't get it lined up properly, so I told them to just give me a refund on the installation and I'd try installing myself. Got it perfectly lined, BUT the edges on both sides won't stick.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/anyone-find-a-6s-glass-protector-that-actually-fits.1921438/

capandjudy

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2013
Huntington, WV
I had AT&T put the Zagg glass shield on which took a second fresh attemp but it did in fact adhere but I have to say that the second application was absolutely dead on as far as alignment. The sides looked a bit "white" seemed to be fine after a day or two. My best guess is that the new screen is ever so slightly different.

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA

I tried with 3 different Zagg's. One with a Best Buy rep, another with an AT&T rep, and one myself. All had the same results. The sides are not sealing properly onto the screen. I thought it was me, but the store agents also were unable to get it to seal properly onto the screen also.

Reactions: Rocko9999

capandjudy

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2013
Huntington, WV
I tried with 3 different Zagg's. One with a Best Buy rep, another with an AT&T rep, and one myself. All had the same results. The sides are not sealing properly onto the screen. I thought it was me, but the store agents also were unable to get it to seal properly onto the screen also.
I believe you on that. The Zagg on my 6S doesn't look as seamless as on my 6 but is good enough. I wonder if these companies will retool for the difference just let it go until next year.

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
So frustrating! Sorry!!

Reactions: danny8200

Zetaprime

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Ohio, US
I had a zagg on my 6+ and after about 6 months one corner started to deteriorate and the individual layers peel a bit. It never got in the way of the usable screen area but looked and felt rough. I ordered a Spigen this time but won't get it till tomorrow.

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010
It's because the edges are slightly curved on the 6s. I went to a Best Buy Mobile and the guy tried installing it twice before pointing out it won't stay.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
I had a zagg on my 6+ and after about 6 months one corner started to deteriorate and the individual layers peel a bit. It never got in the way of the usable screen area but looked and felt rough. I ordered a Spigen this time but won't get it till tomorrow.

Spigen has the same issue. Bought two of them and the first one had the bubble all along the sides. Tried the second one and had the same issue. Retuning both to Amazon and trying normal screen protectors.

CBSubliminal

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
Florida
I installed the same screen protector HD zagg glass (blue light) yesterday. I purchased from Best buy for my wifes 6s and everything is fine no sticking issues.

CBSubliminal

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
Florida
Here are some pics.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

jigzaw

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2012
Question about the blue light protection.. does it alter the way the image looks? Like does it give the screen a more pink/red hue? Also is this whole blue-light-will-rot-your-eyes-and-kill-you-because-it-ruins-your-sleep-and-causes-cancer a legitimate concern or just the latest hype scare?

CBSubliminal

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
Florida
Question about the blue light protection.. does it alter the way the image looks? Like does it give the screen a more pink/red hue? Also is this whole blue-light-will-rot-your-eyes-and-kill-you-because-you-can't-sleep-correctly-plus-it-causes-cancer a legitimate concern or just the latest hype scare?
No issues on my 6s+ or on my wifes 6s. Image is clear to me.

Reactions: jigzaw

Zetaprime

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Ohio, US
Question about the blue light protection.. does it alter the way the image looks? Like does it give the screen a more pink/red hue? Also is this whole blue-light-will-rot-your-eyes-and-kill-you-because-it-ruins-your-sleep-and-causes-cancer a legitimate concern or just the latest hype scare?

Of course it's just another one of those hype/scare things. There are Luddites out there who would rather not see anyone using electronic devices and try to come up with excuses for not doing so.

Darkprod

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2011
A friend of mine went to Best Buy and got one yesterday. He is having the same issue with the corner not sticking that everyone is reporting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.