zagg glass luxe

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by youngsunnz, Oct 21, 2015.

1. youngsunnz macrumors regular

2. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

3. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

I recall on the regular Zagg Glass the edges didn't adhere properly on the 6S. Looks like the SP wasn't fully compatible with the new 6S? I tried three different ones with the same results as well as many users in these forums.

Looks like they might have fixed it with this edge to edge solution?

4. hitteam macrumors member

hitteam

It uses a plastic frame to curve the edge of the iPhone 6/6s. I don't think it will do much good as scratch resistance compare with glass on imos or Godsmith 3D glass. And it's not full edge to edge SP.

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

According to Zagg they are still working on a new glass protector for the 6s/6s+.

6. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Scratch resistance is always an issue with glass versus plastic. Glass will always win there. However, polycarbonate edges will be more resistant to chipping and impact than glass, however. And the fact that it doesn't go quite all the way to the edge is good for case users. The Glass Luxe is remarkably case compatible.

7. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

I ordered one of these and estimated ship date is 10/29.

8. Arad147 macrumors member

I need a white one for the 6S Plus, but it looks like it's easier to find an iPhone than it is to get this screen protector. It's been out of stock since the roll out.

I wonder if I should get the black frame (on a silver phone). But think it'll look too tacky.

9. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

I have a black Luxe coming in as a replacement in a few days. It's currently back ordered. I tried the first one and yup, that one has the halo effect as well.

I might as well sell the replacement as its only going to collect dust once I receive it.

10. fultonjt macrumors regular

fultonjt

11. Arad147 macrumors member

Dumb question. What is the halo effect? The White one finally came back in stock on Zagg's website. Just ordered it. Is it best to get it put on by someone at Best Buy?

Adithya

12. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

The "halo effect" is where the screen protector doesn't fully adhere to the screen at the edges. Creating what looks like a halo on your screen. Here's an example you can see if you zoom in closely.
    [​IMG]