zagg HD screen shield anyone ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by richxps, Jan 13, 2012.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Hi, is this something new ? Does anyone have a review on this yet ? Curious if it still has the orange peel.

2. robertpetry macrumors 6502

robertpetry

It's a shame no one has answered. I am wondering the same thing. Maybe it is too new?

3. scott523, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012

scott523 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Too new is right. I ordered it last Friday and I received in the mail today. I just installed it. It's awesome and I highly recommend it.

Comparing to the original invisibleSHIELD, it's VERY smooth, thin, and retains its durability. That's right, it no longer has the tacky feel! Prior to application, the shield felt a bit rigid. The shield spray provided had a different form factor I had never seen before. The cutout shape for the proximity sensor may also have changed.

Things to consider for those that are picky. The orange peel effect is still there but reduced significantly. I estimate that went down by about 95%. Self-healing effect seemed slower than the original due to its reduced thickness.

4. robertpetry macrumors 6502

robertpetry

Scott you are right on the money. I ordered 3 of the case friendly HD screens for my iPhone 4 and just receive and put them on our phones this week. Much, much better.

I gave up on putting a Zagg type skin over the screen a couple of years ago due to the thick, tacky, orange peel and cloudy issues. I have just been using traditional screen protectors that last about a month and replacing them.

But this is the new king. Much thinner with a smooth, slick feel and great clarity. it does leave a couple of millimeters of space between the edge of the skin and the side of the phone. But the gap is perfect if you use a case and no big deal if you don't.

It had a lot of clouds and bubbles at first but I was patient and squeegeed most of them out. The rest dried in a few hours and it looks great. Love love love it.

5. takeshi74 macrumors 601

It's the reputation of Zagg and similar. I had no interest until I read some of the recent comments. Still not entirely sure they're worth giving another chance though at this point. I'd like see some long term feedback as yellowing and peeling edges were also concerns for me.