Zagg install

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by missygal, Aug 16, 2010.

1. missygal Guest

missygal

Anyone know if Zagg is hard to install? Is it a wet intall? I really want to go without a case but still want front/back protection.

2. RWil85 macrumors 6502

it is a wet install..it's not difficult - simply takes a bit of precision and patience..set aside 15 minutes to do it and you're golden.

3. missygal thread starter Guest

missygal

Does it feel like Inv Shield? I don't like that rubbery feeling.

4. RWil85 macrumors 6502

if i'm not mistaken..ZAGG is the creator of the invisibleshield?

5. missygal thread starter Guest

missygal

Ya I just saw IS on Zaggs website so your probly right.

6. mattkowalski macrumors member

I kinda like the rubber/plastic feel to be honest, and know I'll be very much alone in that! Makes it far less likely to slide out of my hands and get itself a nice big dent in the bezel or shattered back/front.

I've got the Zagg invisible shield (front/back/sides) and despite what some other people have said, I quite like it. Good trade off between a bumper (good grip) and no case (looks better).

Takes a little time and patience to fit it (and a couple of days for the bubbles to vanish), but I'm very happy with it.

7. missygal thread starter Guest

missygal

I understand what you mean. I wanted it for only the back because of the grippy feel. I just can't stand it on front.

8. Jashmid macrumors regular

Zagg is the manufacturer of Invisible Shield is does feel rubbery/sticky. If you don't like the rubbery finish, go for SGP products. There are other alternatives too (e.g. Power Support), but I had Zagg and now have SGP. So, I cannot comment on other brands.

Search the forums. There are more than enough reviews on pretty much all screen protectors out there.

My personal opinion on Zagg, it's a complete POS. Makes your phone look like a cheap toy.

9. Fuzzy.Dunlop macrumors regular

It's very rubbery

The back went on a dream (the bit I can live with bubbles) as for the front the holes were cut slight off centre (for the speaker and home button) so I had to unpeel it and try to re stick and it looks crap bubbles and wrinkles everywhere - am waiting for a reply from zagg cs

10. mytran80 macrumors regular

The zagg skin for the I4 was great , I helped my cousin install it on his phone , really easy if you get it really wet at first and then apply it on , the edges don't peel off like on the ones on the 3GS and iPod touch .

Unfortunately , the skin do not protect your phone against drops , my cousin dropped his iPhone 4 with the zagg skin about 4 ft from the floor , and it cracked like crazy. I recommend a case:D.

11. appview macrumors member

appview

It is a total nightmare to install. Took me about 30-34 mins!

12. mattkowalski macrumors member

Where's the fun if it's too easy? ;)