Zagg invis shield for ipod touch 4g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by azure247, Sep 12, 2010.

1. azure247 macrumors 6502

So what is the difference between
    Full Body Maximum Coverage for $24.99
    and
    Full Body Easy Install for $24.99
    I read the description of each one and it didnt help. It just said the maximum coverage is for nerds who want full cover. And it said the easy install is ahem.. easy and is preferred by customers.

Which one is best? I am leaning towards easy install because I have a feeling the maximum coverage model has all those "corners" and "tabs" that are iffy to get on right and in effect it will cause dust build-up and eventual looseness of those corners and tabs.

2. CBeckstrand macrumors member

You can look at the pictures on the site to see the difference. As you said the "maximum protection" version has little extra tabs that make it more difficult to install. The believe front shield is the same on both versions.

Make sure you also sign up for the Ipad contest to get a coupon emailed to you. You can get up to 50% off.

http://www.zagg.com/community/contest.php

3. Guiguiga macrumors regular

Guiguiga

Hi there, I don't know if you're brand loyal or whatever but I was going to buy a Zagg IS when I was checking the forums here and I found the Stealth Guard for FREE, just pay $2.85 for shipping.

I bought 3 sets for $6.95. In case it isn't that great... it was just $2.85 for 1 set.

Here's the link

4. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

I was about to get the stealth guard for free and cancel my preorder of the zagg which I used a 40% off but seeing a youtube video of the stealth and how much grease and crap sticks to it and doesn't seem to rub off cleanly, made me stop and save the $3 and go ahead and just spend the $15 toward zagg which I know I'm comfortable with their products. youtube the stealth guard iphone video.. it looks pretty nasty. Like a thick layer of grease sticks on it. My current screen protector I have doesn't even look like that after use as grease/residue wipes off easily.

oh and to OP, I got the full body easy install. I don't need every nook and edge covered, just the back and the screen. It'll be easier to install for sure.

5. azure247 thread starter macrumors 6502

That's why I am weary about cheap products "you get what you pay for" - its true for the most part unless u got ripped off. I think I will go for the easy install too. The tabs and weird shapes cutouts that were meant to seal my touch 2g was too difficult to do properly due to the tapered design of the touch. Is there anyway u can take a pix of ur touch with the invis shield? :D

6. darknyt macrumors 6502a

Just an observation - if any of you are close enough to a mall Zagg kiosk, that's the way to go for me.

I put them on a half dozed different devices at least. Takes forever if you're as anal as I am and worried about dust lint etc.

Have to say after having them install on my iPhone and iPod Touch, I won't ever spend the time again.

Seems counter intuitive that some little mall punk would actually do a decent job, but so far so good.

7. dmunz macrumors regular

8. getstuff4less macrumors member

Apparently, Wrapsol has more protection. You can get it on eBay for less. The guy said he should have them in this week.

9. darknyt macrumors 6502a

My favorite story here of recent memory is my brother bought a fully pimped iPad and brought it back home with a full invisible shield, still in the box.

Me and my bro ask him why he didn't have them put it on - he wanted to save the $15 bucks (which in his defense, if you don't know about the difficulty level, can seem like highway robbery). Knowing how difficult they are too put on iPods, we both refused to have anything to do with a iPad. He said then he maybe understood why the Best Buy guy smirked at him when he said he'd do it himself.

Long story, short - he took it back paid for the install.

10. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

haha, well if you use a lot of the water spray it helps.. and if you have another person if the shield gets tangled in on itself. I installed one on my macbook pro and it looks great =). put one on ipod nano before too which wasn't bad. Awaiting my ipod touch shield to ship out in 1-2 business days.

11. azure247 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep, spray a moderate amount on the cover and ur fingers and place it on then simply move it into position and squeegee->dry. Easy. :)

12. darknyt macrumors 6502a

Apparently you guys are nowhere near as anal as me, I'm mainly focused on the screen. I'm very particular about getting absolutely nothing under the screen and no imperfections.

I found I have to set up a poor mans clean-room via the hot shower method and really take my time to get it right. If you put it down wrong and have to pick it up at all (sometimes they just won't slide enough), then you can hose yourself pretty quick with fingerprints.

One trick is using tape to pick it back up or even use surgical gloves.

But jeez now we are getting crazy. Hence I paid $5 to have them install my iTouch screen today.

13. liren.zhu macrumors newbie

If you burn the tip of your finger with fire or sulfuric acid, you can avoid fingerprints altogether :)