Zagg invishield - bodyguards

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bruinsrme, Apr 18, 2009.

1. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I had a Zagg on the phone and was very satisfied. After months of abuse I needed to change it. The price of the Zagg, well, is way up there compared to the body guardz. In reducing discretionary costs I opted for the bodyguardz.
    I was very disappointed in the appearance of the BG. The film exhibits very dominant lines that are distracting whle reading the screen.
    Did Ijust get a bad film?

2. gumball981 macrumors member

I believe that Zagg gives a lifetime guarantee?
    if you still have the shield I believe that you can send it back in exchange for a new one with no cost.

3. bigchief macrumors 6502a

That's what they say.

4. macdim macrumors 6502

I've done this. Call ZAGG, tell them your skin is scratched, ripped, whatever. Pay $4 shipping, that's it.

5. bruinsrme thread starter macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I still have the sheild and will be sending it back.

The Bodyguardz took so much away from the screen appearance.

6. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

You really should have done a little reading on Zagg.com before you went and wasted your money on a different shield.

7. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

I owned the Zagg Invisible Shield full body protection. It does its job of keeping it scratch free, but I have some complaints. It has an orange peel texture that makes the screen look odd. After a while, dirt will cling to the corners of the shield and turn them black. The shield has a tacky rubbery feel to it, and this seems neat because you would assume it would keep the phone from sliding out of your hands, but it's not that tacky....it just feels cheap.

I had the shield on a white iPhone, and eventually the shield began to get this dirty yellowish tint.

Also, when I unpackaged it for the first time, the film that goes over the screen had two big creases that never disappeared. They were very distracting.

So yes, I would prefer the Invisible Shield over a naked iPhone for the protection, but I just wish it didn't have these problems.

8. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

Yes, it does get dirty and grimy, especially on the corners, over time. That is when you call for your free replacement.

There is indeed an orange peel texture. Doesn't bother me; personal preference.

There is no doubt that the tacks feel helps reduce slippage and therefore drops of the phone. Place the phone on your flat palm and slowly tilt it towards vertical. You will see that the naked phone slips off your hand first.

Mine too had a couple imperfections out of the box. If they bother you that much, just call in for a replacement.

9. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

Sounds more like you installed it incorrectly

my bodyguardz was crystal clear

10. bruinsrme thread starter macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Perhaps I missed something on the zagg site. In regards to the original shield it had a couple of holes in it from acetone and some damage as a result from my work environment.

The Zagg isn't line free. The lines seem to run vertical.
    On the Bodyguardz the lines run horizontal.

11. bruinsrme thread starter macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Clean
    wipe
    dry
    spray
    squeegee
    wait 24 hours

Unfortunately the horizontal lines didn't disappear.

12. kfeller macrumors newbie

BodyGuardz lines

This is Kirk Feller, President of NLU Products, manufacturer of BodyGuardz. I just read your post and am sorry to hear you received a bad protector. The lines are not normal. You have definitely got a bad batch. The protector should be crystal clear. If you will contact me I will personally send you a new pack. Visit nluproducts.com and you will see a link on my page to my email address. Again, sorry for the problem and I appreciate your feedback.

13. vorb macrumors newbie

Zagg Invisibleshield warranty

Answer on FAQ from their Facebook Page:

Q: What should I do if I need to send my device to the manufacturer?

A: There are times when you may need to send in your electronic device to the manufacturer for warranty repair work. If this is the case, we recommend taking the invisibleSHIELD™ off of your device before sending it in for repair. For instructions on removing the invisibleSHIELD™, please click here.

Once you remove the invisibleSHIELD™, please send it back to our office at the following address:

ZAGG Inc
    3855 S. 500 W. Suite B
    Salt Lake City, UT 84115

Upon receipt of your invisibleSHIELD™, we will send you a new invisibleSHIELD, free of charge, per our free replacement policy. For replacement orders you will be charged a minimal fee of $3.95 ($5.95 for laptop shields) for shipping and handling. (Sending your original invisibleSHIELD™ back to our offices will keep your Lifetime Replacement Guarantee intact).

If you are getting a new ZAGG Shield. Grab a discount code from here first:

14. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Instead of worrying about sending the old shield back you could always just order the BestSkinsEver shield. It'll cost you what.... 2 dollars more than shipping the IS back? I've used both and the BSE is definitely a better shield (opinion of course). I also had issues with two of the phones I had BSE applied to and had to return them to Apple. I sent an email to BSE support and they sent me free replacements. GREAT customer service.

As a side thought, it's InvisibleShield not "invisishield".