Zagg invisibileSHIELD: Take 2. Advice?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by derek.fulmer, Dec 14, 2010.

1. derek.fulmer macrumors member

derek.fulmer

I tried putting the invishield on my iPhone 4 a month ago and it didn't turn out too well. I got the spray everywhere and got extremely paranoid that it was going to get into the phone and ruin it. I'm currently using a PowerSupport anti-glare screen protector and it's working great, but, really hindering the retina display. I've really liked the look and feel of every zagg I've come into contact with but have been really paranoid about that liquid that comes with it.

Tonight I bought another zagg for my iphone 4 and am going to either research the hell out of how to put it on, or have a friend install it for me who's done skinomi's multiple times, which is essentially the same thing.

My question is this: Can anyone give me tips, tricks, etc? Did I waste my money (because the zagg gets awful reviews on amazon)?

2. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

I installed a Zagg on my iPod and am EXTREMELY pleased with it. If I remember correctly, the spray is an alcohol base, so if you are too worried, turn it completely off, install the zagg, and give it about an hour. Alcohol evaporates very quickly.

3. derek.fulmer thread starter macrumors member

derek.fulmer

Thanks for the reply. I think another factor that made that experience so bad is that I had JUST got them, had just drove two hours to see some family members and really wanted to play with my toy and its new accessories and when I botched it I got really upset/mad/frustrated...etc.

4. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Fool me once, shame on you ...

Fool me twice, shame on me.

5. derek.fulmer thread starter macrumors member

derek.fulmer

Yeah, I know. But these are really clear and apparently work well. If I end up not using it I'll just return it.

6. mpossoff macrumors 68020

The dry install is a nice install.

7. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

Absolutely not. Just installed one on my iPhone 4.

RUBBISH.