Zagg invisible shield for antenna - anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by skiltrip, Jul 17, 2010.

1. skiltrip macrumors 68030

2. tom.cloke macrumors newbie

Zagg InvisibleShite

Well that looks like a load of non-committal marketing bollarcks mate. What's more I certainly hope that Zagg have improved the cut and accuracy of their IP4 invisible shields; I purchased one right at the start when the phones were first delivered and whilst they were clearly first to market in the UK the quality is very poor on mine. Bezel and earpiece holes are way too big, and the side strips are far too narrow to cover the full width of the steel sides. They also don't cover all the way round; sim tray, speakers, dock connector and on/off button are simply ignored rather than have thinner pieces surrounding them.

Poor.

3. PetitBourgeois macrumors member

I'd also like to know. I am starting to think a zagg invisibleshield is a good choice combined with a sena ultraslim sleeve, but I couldn't find any videos of the invisibleshield side installation (can't see if it covers the spots between the antennas). Is this new from zagg, specifically to address the antenna issue?

Edit: From the pictures on their site, it looks like it doesn't go over the spots.

4. tman1425 macrumors member

For what it's worth, Zagg didn't help the antenna problem for me at all. I had the front a back screen protector and eventually replaced it with a new protector which included the sides/antenna. Nothing changed.

5. hchavarria macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I don't think these work because the problem is that your body acts as a conductive material between the two antennas, the Zagg shield is conductive as well which is why it works on the screen. I have a ghost armor which is similar to IS and it doesn't help.

6. chanerz macrumors 6502a

just ordered a carbon one for the sides! bought it because zagg sent me a 50% coupon code.

7. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

I have Lucky Labs' vinyl wraps for my iPhone's bezel - love it!
    I don't know if it has anything to do with the wraps, but these are my observations. I did have an insignificant issue with the signal. Apparently, I'm in a strong signal area, so I haven't noticed the problem until I took my phone out of a Bodyglove case. I lost bars from 5 to 3 or maybe 2 when I held the phone with its "hot spot" in my palm. The case completely solved the problem, though.
    The wraps I now have on my phone (and no case, naturally) got rid of the problem too. I tried to see if I would lose signal again, but I don't. It's not only in my home, I went out of course, and I only have the wraps and Zagg dry shield on the back covering my phone.
    And it looks so cool with those wraps!