Zagg invisible shield full body versus the maximum?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by knemonic, Sep 26, 2011.

1. knemonic, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011

knemonic macrumors 6502a

Hello all,

Curious if anyone has the maximum invisible shield for their iPad 2 by Zagg and if so, the little extra parts that cover the edges, do they hold up well?

The full body doens't fold along the edge and corners, which seems like that would be the easiest part to scuff, and take on wear.

The maximum covers these parts but it is so small, I am wondering if it began to peal off over time and the full body is the better choice in the long term, because of less headaches.

Totally appreciate any of your thoughts. Thanks!
    Tim

2. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I've had an invisibleSHIELD on my iPod touch 4th. (iPad and iPod touch 4 has the same tapered back design). With the "Maximum" you have to apply it properly, otherwise the corners will not stay on and due to this it will catch dirt, become dirty, and become ugly. If you applied this properly it will be perfect, you'll need to use a blower (search this on YouTube). With the "Full Body" it's relatively more easy to apply, due to not having corners, but that means the corners are prone to scratching.

3. knemonic thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ya, that is what I am trying to avoid, since the corners get the most contact in and out of bags.

I had the shield for my ipad 1 and it worked great, never pealed, or anything, but it was one big, blob of shield, so it wasn't prone to pealing so easily. I will definetly use a hair dryer this time then and go with the maximum.

I think the trick is letting it sit for 24 hours to really let it cure before using or touching the shield, that is really what helps its longevity.

Thanks!