ZAGG Invisible Shield - Full Body vs. Maximum??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pepper Pot, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Pepper Pot macrumors member

I'm registering my invisible shield on the Zagg website and it is asking which version I got and there are two options;

Apple iPhone 4 (Full body)
    Apple iPhone 4 (Maximum)

on the packet it says Full Body Maximum Coverage.

So which one do I chose?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I've looked around and can't find an answer :rolleyes:

thanks,
    Peter James

2. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

Did your kit come with protectors for the sides? If yes, then it's maximum, if no then it's full body.

3. Pepper Pot thread starter macrumors member

yes it did, and thankyou:)

4. parker770 macrumors member

As it turns out, it really doesn't even matter which one you register. I bought a full body locally, as they didn't have max coverage. I wanted a max coverage initially, but got the full body since it was all they had locally. After a few weeks, The cover on the rear of the phone started peeling up, and got covered in tobacco from my pocket(damn cigarettes).

When I went online to request a replacement, it gave me the option of another front/back, or an upgrade to the maximum coverage, at no cost. I would assume that it would go the other way if you wanted to downgrade to a full body from a max coverage as well.

5. rangtang macrumors member

Are the Zagg's any good for the iPhone 4? I was considering getting a couple at best buy this week since they are buy 1 get 1 half off (have 2 phones to cover). Are they cheaper elsewhere? Also, is the replacement warranty actually good?

6. Los macrumors regular

Not really. If you're just going with the screen protectors, then it's probably worth your money, but I highly advice against it if you're using a case with the shields. The case will cause the edges of the shields to rise up and no body wants that.

Instead, get some quality SGP Stenheil Ultra Series. They're much better, they don't have that cheap rubbery feeling that the Zagg does, and it also doesn't have the orange peel. SGP's shields are smooth as the screen of the phone, and they look clear as hell. Not only that, but you also get two of each if for whatever you're buying, instead of one like the Zagg shields.

7. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

Exactly what he said. Though I can only vouch for the SGP Incredible Shield.

8. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

Yeah, it's sort of odd that they sell both Full body and Maximum coverage at the same price. The only difference is that the Maximum coverage comes with the pieces for the side, but since it's the same price I don't see why anyone wouldn't just get the Maximum coverage.

I have Invisible Shields, and they're alright. The texture is rubbery, but it's kind of neat in that it won't scratch because of the fact that it's rubbery. I like having it on the back, but I don't really like the front shield. I've noticed that on this one and the one I had on my 3G that there will be at least one thin straight hair-line that looks rainbowish.

The lifetime warranty really is a lifetime warranty. You can get it replaced however many times as you wish (every week if you wanted to) as long as you send yours in with all of the pieces. You have to ship it back yourself though.

EDIT: Also I'd like to note that the iPhone 3G with fullbody coverage won't fit into an incase slider. The newer Incase sliders aren't out yet, but I assume they won't fit on the iPhone 4 either. And I have a bumper on my 4 with full body (haven't put the sides on yet) and it will fit fine as long as you let the device cure for a couple of days before you put on the case, or else your sides will peel up.