Zagg Invisible Shield HD for New IPAD

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by kobiano, May 28, 2012.

1. kobiano macrumors member

I bought my ipad today..woot woot...and took it to Best Buy to have them install the Zagg Inv. Shield, the HD version. The guy that installed it told me that I need to wait 3 hours before turning it on. I'm assuming that he took care not to get liquid into my ipad b/c Zagg recommends a 12 hour wait? What do you guys think?

I am itching to turn it on, as it has been 3 hours now lol.

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

I personally would wait and go by what Zagg said.

3. kobiano thread starter macrumors member

It's been 5 hours since the install. The air bubbles are going away. Whats the risk that I run if I elect to turn it on now?

4. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

You should be fine. My best buy me I could turn it on instantly, I waited a few hours then turned it on, works fine without a problem.

If you paid with a cc, you should have purchase protection, have them get you a new one if something happens.

5. kobiano thread starter macrumors member

I ended up turning it on after 5 hours, and everything went well :) Glad I didnt wait 12-24 hours, that would have been pure torture considering Ive only used it for about 5 minutes before taking it to Bestbuy to have it installed lol.

Thanks for all the responses

6. kobiano thread starter macrumors member

For anyone that is on the fence about paying Bestbuy to install a screen protector, let me say that my experience was worth the ridiculous cost they charge. I think I ended up paying $60 out the door with the Zagg Invisible Shield HD (for Ipad3), which was 40$, and $15 for the installation. Yeah it was more than I intended to spend, but when I think about all the screw ups I've personally experienced with installing screen protectors, and all those dust/lint spec that conveniently find its way to the middle of the screen, right where I am reminded of my bad install every time I turn it on and use it, I don't feel so bad knowing that I can just get BB to re-install it until its perfect. Thankfully there was no need for that b/c the guy who installed mine did an outstanding job. I am very OCD when it comes to centering the shield and mine is pefectly centered. No bubbles. No lint/dirt. No Orange Peel effect. I can barely tell there's anything on my new ipad. Super happy w/ it. Hopefully this helps someone.

7. A420Turbo macrumors member

Too bad you guys didn't check zagg.com pretty much everything is 50% off :eek: :D I think today's the last day if you want an extra at a good price got full HD protection for both my iPad and iPhone for about 35 bucks n free shipping

8. Che Castro macrumors 603

I got the maximum HD for ipad 3 just now
    $24
    Thanks