Zagg Invisible Shield Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MacBookPro13", Jun 7, 2012.

1. MacBookPro13" macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

I have had the Zagg Invisible Shield (Front & Back) installed on my iPhone 4S with a couple of weeks now and I'm very disappointed. It definitely isn't "Invisible" as from the photo I have included (see below!) you can clearly see the phone is turning brown around the edges.

I bought this in CarphoneWarehouse for €31.90 including 'professional installation', which they botched up in the first place!! A high price to pay and you would expect a high quality product.

Now I have had screen protectors from as low as €1.49 on before and they never changed colour. I just went for the Zagg to be extra secure with the screen.

Has this happened to anyone else using the Zagg shield?

[​IMG]

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I had this similar issue with Phantom skinz (similar to that of zagg invisible, but has the self-healing technique), and after quite a while of usage, it started to turn yellow. I took it off and my phone is back to white. Right now I have SGP Ultra Cyrstal Clear and had it on for quite some time and no yellow mark or brown markings on it. I would definitely stay away from "Wet application" types.

3. Jedii macrumors regular

I used to buy my iphone and then a zagg cover, without fail. The only cover i'd use was the Zagg,,

Now, i don't like the look of it, plus when it gets warm they peel on the corners.

I use a ******* £1 rear cover from ebay ( perfect, honestly) and a 3M privacy cover on the front, both combined cost less than the Zagg covers.

4. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

Go with SGP you will never be disappointed.

I have had the Oleo cover on my iP4 for 2 years and you still can't tell by look or touch that it has a screen protector on. It is only 13.00 and not difficult to install. $13.00 for mint condition phone is more than worth it.

5. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Zaggs has a lifetime warranty on their screen protectors.

6. 07dodge macrumors member

I'm on Zagg #2 for my i4 in the year I've had the phone; returned the first one because the bottom peeled around the home button and wouldn't stick anymore. Guess what? It's doing it again. So I just cut off that little connetion between the home button and bottom of the phone, so far no more peeling.

7. zephxiii macrumors 6502

my zagg never got brown. It did start to peel off though. Honestly i think it just covers too much and should be a little smaller. Hell i don't even care if it covers all the way around the home button.

8. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Speck. $9.95. Problem solved.

Uses static to cling to the iPhone, not adhesive so you don't have to worry about the edges getting dirty/peeling.

9. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Zagg's products are so mediocre. They make the refined, smooth touch of the iPhone become ****. It's like putting a condom on your phone.

10. nathdogg macrumors regular

I second this. The SGP protectors are worth every penny. The best protector I've personally used. Very easy to get a perfect instal, and so far very durable.

11. batting1000 macrumors 604

GhostArmor sells screen protectors comparable to Zaggs.

12. cynics macrumors G3

I'm on my 2nd zagg on my tablet due to it discoloring. The warranty is the only nice thing about IMO.

13. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

agree'd, i hated the tackyness of Zagg...switched over to Shieldskins and never looked back (they also have a lifetime replacement warranty)

14. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

15. llfloyd79 macrumors regular

llfloyd79

I have used it.

I have the ZAGG HD Version. Love it. Screen is Super Clear. Mines has been on for about 2 months now....on front and back. No peeling at the edges so far. Still looks the same as when I first put it on. I have had no issues but everyone is different when it come to how they handle there phones.

16. PatrickW98 macrumors 6502

PatrickW98

17. maniacphoner macrumors regular

I've noticed that some of friends wished that their screen protectors covered all around, but in my opinion, it's better to have the films made millimeters short around which prevents from peeling after months of usage. I've tried the wet application films and I prefer the non-wet ones.

18. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Yup. Very common. Research before buying next time.

19. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

Question, do you keep your phone in a case? I had this problem with my iPad and the Apple leather case except it turned blue not brown.

Like the person said in an earlier post Zagg has a lifetime warranty.

20. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Ive used zagg before without this issue. I just didn't like the feel of it to the touch.

Phonedevils are a good alternative too.

Professionally fitted, yeah right, these guys are in no way professional...lol

21. zephxiii macrumors 6502

Uhg i went a month without the zagg after I pulled it off (starting to peel around the corners and got dust on it etc.) and I got some scratches on the screen. So today i finally installed a new zagg that felt thinner and seemed a little smaller, it's perfect! Great thing is that it hid the scratches on the screen!! I'm happy again.

22. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

Zagg has always looked horrible, yellow or not. Just get films or a nice case instead. Personally I just use front and back films and the phone is immaculate.

23. lincolnmayer macrumors member

Have you tried to look into other protectors? I purchased mine through Amazon.

24. oneapplegeek macrumors regular

oneapplegeek

I used to love Zagg's screen protectors, but I don't go with wet screen protector. Mine wasn't like that, but that looks horrible. :/

25. zephxiii macrumors 6502

I love zagg they look and work awesome.

I had to buy another one though as a week ago I was walking around the corner of a trailer that had this little metal rod sticking out and i wacked the screen of my iphone into it accidentally while it was in my pocket. The rod managed to rip a hole into my zagg through my shorts, luckily there was no scratch or anything.

So today i got tired of the hole and bought a new one that was designed for use of the case which resulted in the overall size being slightly smaller. This I think is great as it will protect the edges from peeling up which was what happened to my original zagg.