Zagg Invisible shield or a hard case?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by supe12man, Jul 7, 2012.

1. supe12man macrumors newbie

Ok so I used to have a mid 2010 MBP and had a case on it for a year and when I took it off it had scratches on the bottom. I was so pissed because a hard case is supposed to protect it from scratches not give it. :mad:

Anyways, I'm planning to order a Zagg from amazon or their website. But amazon gave me a 2008-2009 macbook full body even though I ordered a 2011-12 zagg. Should I just use it anyways and if it doesn't fit I can return it right? This is the 2nd time they f'd up my order (they gave me a macbook air zagg cover before) Will I be able to return it with it used?

Zagg also sells em for a bit more but they said they have a 45 day return policy if it's used right? So if I don't like how it fits, I can return it right?

Well I'm not too fond of hard cases since of the bad experience I had with them. Is there ANY way can get a hard case without it scratching inside? Even the speck cases give it scratches I heard, is there a way to prevent this besides cleaning it every week? :mad:

2. jrouse Suspended

3. supe12man thread starter macrumors newbie

4. boto macrumors 6502

boto

Yes, it is true.

I would suggest getting a wrapsol skin instead. Unlike zagg, it is a matte finish so you won't even be able to distinguish if a skin protector is even on it. Here's the Wrapsol skin for your 13"MBP

5. supe12man thread starter macrumors newbie

How long have you had yours? does it turn yellow also?

If you buy it and not happy with it you can return it for a full refund even if you used it right? And if it does turn yellow, I can get it replaced?

6. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

What case are you using?

I use a Speck SeeThru clear case and I have no scratches.
    All the scratches has been protected by the case and non on my Mac.

7. boto macrumors 6502

boto

I don't own a Zagg shield on my rMBP, but I have seen it on others MBPs. If a light source is shining on it you will notice a orange/yellowish color and it will gradually get worse overtime. Wrapsol is the best choice for protection, appearance, and lifetime warranty. After I applied it on my rMBP, I felt reassured that scratches would be prevented. Also, I like this particular skin because Zagg has a reflective sheen that irks me all the time.

8. supe12man thread starter macrumors newbie

I used a speck clear case also, do you bring it around a lot? Or do you just bring it around the house? There's youtube videos and feedback that say it could leave scratches if you don't clean it at least once a week or once a month.

Will the wrapsol work if I have a decal on my macbook? I think it's the vinyl decals that amazon sells.

And also, wrapsol doesn't protect the sides of the macbook pro right?

9. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

I carry it around almost everywhere.
    Same with my MBA.
    Yeah, I pop the case open once every 2 months and clean the dust and dirt off.

10. cherlj macrumors newbie

Hi, I would like to suggest BestSkinsEver as a cheaper alternative but comparable in quality. I've ordered mbp skins and iPod skins from the site before.

Ever since applying the skin on my late 2008 unibody mbp, it has been well protected from scratches. Furthermore, it hasn't shown any signs of discoloration over time.

Do check it out!
    http://www.bestskinsever.com/apple-screen-protector-1/macbook-skin