Zagg Invisible Shield Owners... I have a question

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by travistaylor, May 17, 2010.

1. travistaylor macrumors regular

Did you notice a difference in the feel and/or sensitivity after installing the shield? I'm thinking about purchasing one along side my iPad in the next few days.

Amazon has some seemingly negative reviews about the touch sensitivity, while I've watched several YouTube videos that beg to differ.

What is the opinion of my fellow MacRumor loyalists?

2. qpid360 macrumors 6502

qpid360

I had one installed and hated it. The orange peel effect was annoying, there was a rainbow effect even despite multiple installs from their kiosks, the sensitivity was definitely affected. I use a Pogo stylus for sketching and it just plain sucked with the shield on. I'd go for Power Support if you really want protection.

3. iFerd macrumors 6502a

+1 based on my experience on the iPhone. I sent it back for a refund, which was promptly provided. Hated the texture and appearance.

4. travistaylor thread starter macrumors regular

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. That was exactly what I was afraid of.

So Power Support offers a much better solution? Does it solve the orange peel and sensitivity issues of the Zagg Invisible Shield?

5. meagain macrumors 68030

I wouldn't put anything on my screen except Power Support Crystal Shield. The Best! I can't tell the difference between it and the glass.

6. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

+1 except there is a small difference. The PS film is a little more tacky than the glass so your finger doesn't glide quite as nice. Rain-X fixed that for me.

7. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I would recommend against any type of protection films for the screen that require liquid because they are all not smooth. Get those for the back of your iPad and for the front get a normal screen protector like a PowerSupport.

8. ram8727 macrumors member

I have a Zagg installed on the back & SGP AF on the screen. Rockin' it naked with a sleeve from Cocoon Innovations.

9. Rich-R67 macrumors newbie

the orange peel is only visible when you look at it from the side you see nothing when you view it normally and having just had to remove mine for replacement I don't feel any difference at all in sensitivity which considering how thick they are I cant figure out why it doesn't affect it.
    but everyone is different.
    flame on!

10. espo56 macrumors newbie

I agree. I got mine last week and it's great. I first purchase the PS antiglare which hated. It looked terrible when I applied it loaded with lint under the screen. What a waste. So I went to the kiosk at the mail and had them apply my Invisible shield. It looks and feels great and hides the 2 little scratches I already have.