Zagg Invisible Shield Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Staindsoul, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Staindsoul macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

Anyone know if the 3rd Gen full body invisible shield will fit the new MBP's that came out this week?

If so, where is the best deal for them? I see eBay has it for around $40

2. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

If it would fit the old C2D ones, it will fit these ones. If you are looking for a deal, don't get Zagg. There are other companies that get higher ratings for less than half the price. Look around for reviews on stuff like BestSkinsEver, www.gadgetshieldz.com or anything else you may find.

3. Staindsoul thread starter macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

Hey thanks a lot. I don't mind paying a little bit more as long as the quality is nice and there are not tons of air bubbles. I know that some of it is user application error, but the cheap stuff always has air bubbles no matter what.

4. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

Yes, I use one personally, and just applied it to my new machine. They fit.

5. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

nah, i have a bestskinsever on my touch and i have had a gadgetshieldz on my iphone and the one before that. all were perfect, no bubbles. (actually, my current iPhone one is messed up, but thats my fault).

6. w4rmk macrumors regular

Save yourself a few bucks and get the skin from bestskinsever. Same thing as Zagg just cheaper, and in many cases it seems like their skins are cut better.

7. Staindsoul thread starter macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

8. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

no, but this one will. the 2008 model had a removable battery, and the current one doesn't. you can look at the little blue pictures they have; the 2008 bottom part will be about cut in half for the battery compartment.

9. hajime macrumors 68030

From the website you provided, I cannot find Gadget Shieldz's products for the MBP...

From Zagg's website, the Invisible Shield for the top of the MBP does not seem to cover the corners. What about Gardget Shieldz's?

10. andrew086 macrumors regular

That's funny, I just asked customer support the same question.

Just make sure you enter the iPad drawing, I don't know if it's random people that get it, but I was sent a 50% coupon for anything on ZAGG when I entered it. It says "for a chance at a 50% off discount code" so it may be randomized.

http://www.zagg.com/community/contest.php

If you decide to not go for ZAGG you can always get a BestSkinsEver @ http://www.bestskinsever.com/macbook-pro-15-inch-2009-model-292. I've never tried them but I'm going to use an invisibleSHIELD because of the lifetime warranty (their sales gimmicks work on me).

11. m7a7d macrumors newbie

Nice, thanks for the info! I just got a 40% off coupon.. gonna use it now.

12. Mofford929 macrumors newbie

I would recommend the invisibleSHIELD or the Zaggskins I have tried some of the other products and they are junk! I have full body's on my MBP 3rd gen, iPad, iPod, 2 iPhones, PS3, Xbox 360, Watches etc! If you install it right you"ll love it and it will last forever! If you can't install go to a kiosk in the mall!