zagg invisible shield solution and apple warrenty

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by zaidar61s, Dec 20, 2009.

1. zaidar61s macrumors member

oite people, im thinking of getting the zagg invisible shield but want to ask something, will the zagg liquid solution void the apple warrenty on my iphone 3gs has any1 had any issues with it

thanks

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

It won't void the warranty, as long as you're careful not to let any fluid hit the sensors. I've installed at least a half dozen Invisible Shields, and a couple of the iPhones had to go back for warranty. Never had a problem.

In any case, you should remove the shield before you take the iPhone back to Apple, so that you can exchange it for a free replacement (ZAGG will send you a new Shield in the event your iPhone gets warranty swapped, but you have to send them the used, old Shield).

3. zaidar61s thread starter macrumors member

thanks, but how would it be possible not to let the fluid get in the ear piece and home button thanks for your reply though

4. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Yes, it depends on how much you use. I used a lot of it, and no problem. Just TURN THE PHONE OFF! That way, if any of the baby shampoo+water gets inside the phone. It won't shourt out as, you will set it to dry for 24 hours. I used my phone right after installing it, with no problem. I've installed the shield on 3 3G iPhone, 2 times on an Original iPhone, and once on a iPod touch 2nd generation. I never activated the water sensors on any of them.

5. zaidar61s thread starter macrumors member

thanks great help appreciate it

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I've never gotten fluid in either place.

When you're applying the Shield, it's best to put your iPhone on a clean, lint free towel. Some good paper towels will do fine for this too. Then, just have a small hand cloth or something ready. If you see a lot of fluid starting to spill out from under the shield as you're squeegying it down, just carefully sop up the excess drops with the cloth, and be sure to use less fluid next time.

You can also put the edge of a paper towel right at the lip of the dock connector, and at the edge of the headphone jack. Soon as you reach the end, the spillover will get absorbed right away. Just make sure the paper towel doesn't end up getting stuck IN the connector, or the dampness will seep in.

7. albatroz macrumors newbie

I am installing my Zagg got some fluid inside the earpice.
    The volume of my iphone is now very low even if I raise the volume to max.

I done also a little hole in the earpice zone to try to extract the liquid inside but the problem remains. Any idea?

Should I wait, just for the liquid to evaporate?

8. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Do two things also.

1) push the water away from all openings.

2) for places like the ear piece and home button keep a microfiber or qtip, etc.. to dab the water away before it goes into the opening.

I installed 5 invisible shields and never had a problem as far as water is concerned.