Zagg Invisible Shield.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Eric Noa, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Eric Noa macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

Just got an e-mail that it was shipped, once it arrives and I have put it on my Late 08 MBP I will post some pictures, very excited. :D

2. south8212 macrumors 6502

Interested in seeing it!

3. imapfsr macrumors regular

imapfsr

I just received mine at work today. Came in a box and inside the boc was a black shipping tube. I am popping off the top as we speak just to have a look. Cant wait to slap it on. :D

4. ubestbsteppin macrumors regular

I've had mine on for about a week. Looks great, gives the MBP a shiny look. Haven't noticed an7 orange peel effect like with the iPhone. Long, thin strips that go around bezel didn't fit perfect for me, but look ok.

5. TJunkers macrumors 6502a

TJunkers

I just can't get myself to do it. I have this on my iPhone and that's find, but to take away the feel of aluminum would make me angry. However, I am considering coloring my MacBook and then I'd definitely cover it!

6. south8212 macrumors 6502

What do you mean coloring your macbook?

7. TAGF1 macrumors newbie

I purchased the Zagg Invisible Shield for my MBP. I couldn't be more disappointed with it. I have applied decals and graphics to vehicles and motorcycles in the past with great success. i thought this would be a similar experience; boy was I wrong. I followed the directions to the "T". The crappy material stretched out while squeegeeing the water out. The material doesn't come off well enough to try and re-apply it. While positioning the decal for the lid, the product stuck on one corner and in trying to lift it off, stretched to where with delicate care, about a quarter of an inch ended up overhanging one side! The bubbles are still in certain areas after more than a week! I finally just took the lid decal off because it looked so bad. The side strips are too long by half an inch, and end up overlapping...looks horrible. The end product looked so bad, I decided I'd rather have scratches than the bubbles and shine/semi gloss Zagg offered. Moral of the story is go slow, don't stretch, and get it right the first time. It doesn't come off gracefully at all. And, yes, I did wash my hands, spray my hands, and spray the decal. I used the smoothing device they sent, and a towel to soak up the water. those of you who got this right, how much do you charge for applying the Zagg? Just one opinion of many.

8. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

I feel your pain. This stuff is a p.i.t.a., but it does work well for iPods. I bought bestskinsever.com for the MacBook, but don't have the patience to install it. It took me a full evening to put it on an iPod nano...

9. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

Just got it today, It's already on the MBP, once it dries i'll post some pictures, I love the shiny look it gives it.

10. DeanCorp macrumors member

I have installed so far 9 invisible shields on MacBook and MacBook Pro's for myself, friends and family. This has been by far the hardest one to install. I have stuffed up two top pieces. When I peel it off from the backing no matter what happens, the piece is just too big for my hands. It naturally will fold over. I tried spraying it while I was peeling and it would still stick. I have installed it now, but it has a couple of wrinkles in the plastic which I am very disappointed about. Did anyone else find this? I think it would be possible, if I got another person, to hold the backing while I peeled it off.

11. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

how about now? :D

12. hyeg35 macrumors newbie

hyeg35

yea how about now.....im thinking of getting it and possibly just applying the wrist pad and bottom

13. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

Well to tell you the true, It was not easy applying the Invisible Shield ( It was my First Time ) I pleased that it only has one air bubble with its almost microscopic and it on the bottom ;) But I love how it looks.:eek:

Here are the images:apple:

P.S. the shadows you see on the screen is from the Flash, its not defective. LOL:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. DeanCorp macrumors member

I have installed the shield on the top and bottom.

My only concern would be, installing the top case shield, especially because Apple has put water damage sensors underneath the keyboard and since you have to put application solution on the shield and then squeege it out. It is very possible that a small amount of water could go under the keyboard and something as small as this could void the warranty.

What are your views?

15. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

Well, I was very careful with the water as I was squeezing it out. I had a cloth where it was gonna come out so I would get inside the case..

16. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

wow it looks great! was it hard to keep the sides on? how long did you have to put pressure on it? thanks!

17. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

Nice job!! I have always wanted Invisible Shield on my MBP but after I put it on my iPhone..I now know how hard it is to get it perfect and am not skilled enough to do a MBp without bubbles.:) But if I could I would put it on mine too.

18. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

I fist it was hard, I started on the bottom first in case something went wrong but it didn't. The sides were not a problem at all. I only had to put pressure for like 30 and that was it.