Zagg InvisibleSheild & Snow Leopard question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nehas91, Aug 10, 2009.

1. nehas91 macrumors member

I just bought a mac and I'm a first time user so I had a few questions regarding the Snow Leopard upgrade and Zagg InvisibleShields.

1. Does the apple retail store install Zagg InvisibleSheilds for MacBook Pro's? If not, does any other store? I tried installing it myself but I ended up frustrated with a crappy looking MBP.

2. I'm trying to upgrade to Snow Leopard through the apple website but after i finish giving the required information, it takes me to the apple store cart, but the problem is that the cart is empty. Am I doing something wrong? I bought my MBP June 23 and I really don't want to buy Snow Leopard if I could just pay the $10 and upgrade it.

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Possibly, if you buy it there, but VERY unlikely. Don't bother with these sort of protections for a MBP. They cause more pain, frustration, and damage than they protect.

The online upgrade only works if you bought online from the Apple online store. I don't know if it works for Apple retail stores, but it won't work for third party stores.
    You will need to mail in a proof of purchase.

3. nehas91 thread starter macrumors member

Yes I bought it online from the apple online store. Can you explain what exactly I need to do for it to work & if there's supposed to be something in the 'cart' when you follow the online instructions?

4. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

I'm not exactly sure. I bought my Mini from the online store and went through the process with no problems.

Only thing I can suggest is to call Apple or visit an Apple store.

Don't wait around too long as you only have 90 days from the date of purchase.

5. Aboo macrumors 6502a

6. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Aboo, the issue is that the OP has tried this and is hasn't worked.:rolleyes:

7. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I wouldn't go that far. I had an InvisibleShield on my old MacBook Pro, and on my current one, and am completely satisfied. The trick is to make sure that you use enough shieldspray, but not too much, and to soak up the excess. It's also best to let the machine sit for a while after application to ensure that any fluid that was missed is given a chance to evaporate.

Once successfully applied, there is no damage to be done, so I'm not sure where you're coming from. I've removed InvisibleShields before and only once did it leave any residue, which I was able to clean off with gentle scrubbing and a little water.

The Apple retail stores will not install your InvisibleShield for you, and I don't know who else will. I'm sorry but I can't help you on that.

I would give Apple a call regarding the Snow Leopard upgrade. They may be able to process your order over the phone, or help you otherwise. You're still within the 90-day period for phone support, but it shouldn't matter anyway, since you're having an ordering issue.