Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C5Longhorn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
For those of you who are using the new Invisibleshield HD on your Ipad 3, were you able to insall without any particle being trapped underneath the shield?

I had mine put on at a kiosk in the Mall and they have not been able to successfully install without a single item trapped under the film. I'm on my 3rd shield and they did a pretty good job, but there are still two small specks on the black border edges of the iPad.

I may just be at the point of living with it since they are pretty tiny, but it still bugs me. I also may be too picky. Most average consumers would never notice.

Thanks,

Rick

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
For those of you who are using the new Invisibleshield HD on your Ipad 3, were you able to insall without any particle being trapped underneath the shield?

I had mine put on at a kiosk in the Mall and they have not been able to successfully install without a single item trapped under the film. I'm on my 3rd shield and they did a pretty good job, but there are still two small specks on the black border edges of the iPad.

I may just be at the point of living with it since they are pretty tiny, but it still bugs me. I also may be too picky. Most average consumers would never notice.

Thanks,

Rick

I self installed mine and I've had to remove, wash and reinstall a couple of times to get a dust free install. From my experience, it is near impossible to install these things dust free and I installed mine under ideal dust free conditions.

Keniutek

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2011
Poland
Go to the bathroom, open up hot water, make the whole place steamy and voila. No dust, no lint, no "nothing" ;-)

C5Longhorn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
Yes, if I was putting it on myself, that is what I would do. I may see about getting a replacement and doing myself.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Go to the bathroom, open up hot water, make the whole place steamy and voila. No dust, no lint, no "nothing" ;-)

I guess my place is exceptionally dusty cuz I did the same thing. I even ran the hot shower extra long.

I can't imagine these things being installed in a shopping mall.

C5Longhorn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
This has been my experience also. I feel like I almost need to install this in an operating room.

I'm now wondering if I should just cut my losses and go naked.

gdeputy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
New York
This has been my experience also. I feel like I almost need to install this in an operating room.

I'm now wondering if I should just cut my losses and go naked.

mine has a few little marks but i don't notice them in use. When I'm not lazy ill pay 4$ to get a new one and install it.

C5Longhorn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
Does anyone know if areas can be touched after several days after initial installation? If I could lift by re-wetting the screen I could remove the dust and hair since they are close to the edges and home screen button.

RedlegsFan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Does anyone know if areas can be touched after several days after initial installation? If I could lift by re-wetting the screen I could remove the dust and hair since they are close to the edges and home screen button.

I would think peeling it up now would stretch it out since it has had time to dry and adhere to the screen.

C5Longhorn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
Thanks. I know Zagg says it's not possible, but thought I would ask. I'm almost at wits end dealing with dust and hair trapped under the screen. This will be my fourth shield going on at the mall.

C5Longhorn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
Several forum members speak very highly of the Power Support screen protectors. They do not have one out for the iPad 3 yet.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Are you reapplying after it has been on for several hours or right after initial installation?

After installation. But I had to trash my previous installation.

I ignore the micro bubbles cuz they eventually go away. But I get one or two big dust bubbles and start all over. Remove, wash and reapply.

C5Longhorn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
After installation. But I had to trash my previous installation.

I ignore the micro bubbles cuz they eventually go away. But I get one or two big dust bubbles and start all over. Remove, wash and reapply.

Wee, if that is the case, then I'm back to having them put another one on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.