Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neemasaedian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
I'm just curious as to if this was possible. Would the iPad 2's Maximum Coverage InvisibleShield still effectively cover the edges of the New iPad. Does anyone possibly have an answer for me? I figure the camera hole would be the exact size of the new Ipad's camera rather than being a wee bit bigger but does anyone know if the max coverage for ipad 2 will work? anyone? I just would much rather warranty claim my old ipad 2 shield and upgrade to HD rather than spend another $40+ dollars on a new shield. Anyone? Keep me posted! thanks everyone!

chakraj

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2008
So Cal
Yes it will cover it, but the screen looks terrible. You need to get the new Zagg HD, it has a clearer screen cover and doesnt ruin the HD screen. It sucks because I just installed the other one.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
I'm just curious as to if this was possible. Would the iPad 2's Maximum Coverage InvisibleShield still effectively cover the edges of the New iPad. Does anyone possibly have an answer for me? I figure the camera hole would be the exact size of the new Ipad's camera rather than being a wee bit bigger but does anyone know if the max coverage for ipad 2 will work? anyone? I just would much rather warranty claim my old ipad 2 shield and upgrade to HD rather than spend another $40+ dollars on a new shield. Anyone? Keep me posted! thanks everyone!

I saw many people getting it on their new IPad at the mall. Yes it works but it doesn't cover the edge. The hd screen I saw was sooo much improved. The reg version has very odd texture and is extremely distracting to the screen.

Why don't you get normal crystal clear screen protector for like $10 pack of 3 and clear plastic back cover?

Zagg sucks in my opinion and is extremely over priced.

j.dstasio

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2009
South Jersey
Anyone? Keep me posted! thanks everyone!

On my new iPad I am using what Zagg Calls it's HD Maximum coverage.

It's essentially an HD front screen protector (which I think is an awesome product. Leaps and bounds better than the original) and an original InvisibleShield which is made for an iPad 2 on the back.

There is probably a mm or so gap around the edge on both the screen protector and the back skin. The corners are not completely covered by the back skin either. I find this an added bonus actually though. I can snap the iPad into the Targus Slim Case I'm using securely without pinching the InvisibleShield edges. I don't know if that answers your question or not. I have it here at work with me. I'll post some pictures if you'd like.

neemasaedian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
My exact dilemma

So, this is what happened and why I even posted this thread.

Initially, I DID in fact order an InvisibleShield HD Max Coverage for my new iPad. When I received it in the mail, it was the HD screen and NOT the HD back protection (they sent iPad2 full body instead, idiots). I called, they said they were sorry and sent me a replacement. When I checked the mail last night, they sent me the exact mistake again, HD Screen, not an HD max back, just iPad2 full body back. i got annoyed, requested a full refund and decided to just warranty claim the Shield I bought for my old iPad 2 (Max coverage) and I had the opportunity to upgrade to the HD version for $5 so, I did. Hence this whole sizing yes/no thread. I do appreciate all the answers you have all provided though. Word to the wise: wait a while before ordering online from ZAGG if the product is brand new.

Superman Y2K

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2010
So, this is what happened and why I even posted this thread.

Initially, I DID in fact order an InvisibleShield HD Max Coverage for my new iPad. When I received it in the mail, it was the HD screen and NOT the HD back protection (they sent iPad2 full body instead, idiots). I called, they said they were sorry and sent me a replacement. When I checked the mail last night, they sent me the exact mistake again, HD Screen, not an HD max back, just iPad2 full body back. i got annoyed, requested a full refund and decided to just warranty claim the Shield I bought for my old iPad 2 (Max coverage) and I had the opportunity to upgrade to the HD version for $5 so, I did. Hence this whole sizing yes/no thread. I do appreciate all the answers you have all provided though. Word to the wise: wait a while before ordering online from ZAGG if the product is brand new.

I wouldn't exactly say they are the idiots per say the HD is only for the screen not the back. What would they have an HD back shield to make the Apple logo more clear?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.