Zagg iPhone 4 case.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jwillpresents, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Also in hacks section.

But i shall be getting it!

2. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

The Zag skin is pretty inferior to other brands and far more expensive, IMO. I'm looking forward for BestSkinsEver to release a skin and I hope Wrapsol releases another matte back. No way I'd ever make the mistake of spending $25 on a Zag shield ever again.

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Only good thing Zagg's has going for them now, is their big retail distribution push.

They added another 1.2k locations with the recent Staples contract to the Best Buy, Radio Shack and Target locations.

4. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

whats the point of a clear film case when both sides are scratch proof anyway?

5. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

OP, I would much rather get the Zagg Skin (custom with a design of your choice), over their transparent skins. I find they are much higher quality.

Also, check slickdeals.net, they might have a contest with up to 50% off promo running.

Here you go: http://www.zagg.com/community/contest.php

How scratch proof are they?

Will the apple logo scratch?

What happens if I drop it.

I would want a case with a clear back though, not a skin.

6. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

well the new iphone 4 is using glass on both sides now. They are very scratch proof, i can take a knife to my 3gs screen and it wont scratch.

As for if the phone drops, i HIGHLY doubt a clear film will protect anything.
    you need an actual case for that.

7. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

I wouldn't say inferior, that stuff is indestructible

8. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

Just a little tip, Zagg has a contest going right now to win an iPad. If you give them your email, you will be entered into the contest and also you will get a coupon: "Sign up to join the ZAGG mailing list and enter our weekly iPad Giveaway! Be sure to check your email for a free discount code up to 50% off."
    I got a 30% off coupon within minutes which I think it will make it worth it to get this shield

9. jtara macrumors 65832

Boy, is this going to be an easy install! No wrap-around! Hopefully no ears or silly little strips for the stainless-steel bezel. (And, hey, Apple has a case for that!)

BestSkinsEver is just as good, if not better. It's what I replaced my beat-up Zagg with. MUCH easier install for the back. Ears are a pain, but better than silly little strips.

But I'll probably go with Power Support (at least the anti-glare), because it un-does the polarization of the IPS display. I found this out by accident, with iPad. Somebody wrote that the iPad screen is polarized. Looked at it through my polarized glasses, and, WTF?! Well, I'd already installed the Power Support protector, and it un-did the polarization.

If you are wearing polarized sunglasses, you can only see an IPS display in a single orientation. (Depends on the display which way - I THINK iPad is vertical. My Samsung SyncMasters are horizontal). Put the PowerSupport on, and you get a little fringing, but at least you can see the display in both orientations.

PowerSupport is a more rigid (though I don't think significantly thicker) material. There is no liquid used or squeegeeing. Just drop it in place, pulling the backing off as it falls. That's it.

I assume this will work for both front and back.

And, no, nothing is scratch-proof. Keep your diamond ring (or any other hard mineral, for that matter) away from it.

I think the cute little Apple "bumper" case and front and back protection is all you need on iPhone 4.

10. AbSoluTc macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

This is a nice solution. I wouldn't use the front, just one for the back. Even if it is glass, it will take the brunt of most things (desks, counters, floors, slides) and a little extra wouldn't hurt.

Plus it maintains the nice look and feel without the bulkiness of a case. I can't believe people are planning on putting "bumpers" on their phones. Dear god that is crazy. Why pay all that money for the phone to make it look like a glass sponge. Lol. :eek:

11. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

12. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

I believe that Zagg doesn't have the back shield, is that what you were talking about ? I agree with you about the bumper case, $29 is just too much for a case maybe $15 but that is it.

13. AbSoluTc macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

Yes. I would have to buy the full body set. Although I would only use the back. Not a fan of bumper cases at all. Kills the look of the phone.

14. E3BK macrumors 68030

E3BK

I don't know if I'm going to put a skin on the next one. I had to take my 3GS in for some problems and they replaced it with a refurb...so other than the case I came in with and removed, my iPhone was nekid. Yikes!

But I forgot how beautiful the screen was w/o a shield. I didn't put a shield on the new one and it's been fine. No scratches. (And it ends up at the bottom of my purse more than I care for. damn you small phone pocket in purses!)

So I *may* put one on the back and use this bumper thing, but I don't think I'm putting it on the front. That resolution & new glass is too pretty and too great an engineering accomplishment to cover w/ sticky plastic. =P

Just my 2 cents...I know the need to cover it all over too though.

15. silver2000 macrumors newbie

put a zagg skin on my iphone 4 and it barely lasted 4 days before the corner peeled ...

Inever bought skins before and now I remember why

wasted $30

16. FieldingMellish Suspended

Bumper and skins are a good combo. Mine goes into and out of my tight pocket with no dirt buildup or peeling.

17. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

The IS for iPhone4 is ridiculously easy to put on, especially if you've put one on the 3G/3GS. No palming and no re-aplying.
    However, the secret is to leave the phone alone for a good chunk of hours before you start using it. I did mine last week, and the back i sliding around. I suspect it's because I only let it sit for about 8 hours.
    I did my girlfriend's iphone4 last night, and when I checked it tonight it really looks amazing. It's gotten plenty of time to cure (she's still using her 3G and is waiting for a nice case before switching phones).
    So my advice is to be patient. Try to leave it sitting alone for at least 12 hours.:eek:

18. silver2000 macrumors newbie

in my case the "IS" had been on for 2 days before the corner started peeling

I had only put it in my pocket maybe 3 times by then

The only reason I bought the Zagg was because I couldnt find a case that fit ...

19. Youngmoney23 macrumors newbie

I ordered my Zagg IS about a week before the iphone 4 release. Signed up for the iPad contest and got a 40% off code. I made a custom back skin and ordered the full body IS and only cost me $27 including shipping for everything. I really wanted the white iPhone so I figured this was the next best thing. There is a tiny bit of orangepeel but the skin seems very durable. I have used the Zagg for mine and my wifes 3GS and I never had problems with it peeling off until about 6 months of it being on the phone. I had the coupon so I figured I might as well get it because I really wanted a skin for the back. Most likely will try the Phantom carbon fiber full body skin next.
    [​IMG]

20. me2000 macrumors 6502

For those of you who had it peel off.. there is a 45 money back guarantee.. you can always get your money back and try a different product.

21. silver2000 macrumors newbie

i sent them an email 4 days ago - no response

22. me2000 macrumors 6502

Their CS is horrible. I sent an email saying I was dissatisfied with their product and want my money back. FIVE days later I got a response. They said I can request a replacement (and have to pay shipping and handling AGAIN) or request a refund. Two days ago I replied to that email saying I want a refund but haven't received a response yet. Didn't know it took 2 weeks to get this rolling.

I'll never buy a Zagg product ever again. :mad:

23. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

24. Esc Man macrumors newbie

My Feedback after 9 months

wanted to comment to help out others i've had the zagg on my iphone since i bought it and use it with the bumper. i bought the iphone 4 last july it has been around 9 months. i decided to rip the zagg off completely because frankly it was pissing me off. at first i thought it was great and it worked pretty well with the bumper. after 9 months however the amount of lint and stuff* stuck on the edges of the zagg is pretty bad even with the bumper on somehow it still gets on the sides(only saw this when i took off the bumper). it gets worse on the cutouts for the speakers and camera and stuff. the bumper also causes the zagg to peel! the bumper DOES cover the edges of the zagg but eventually the zagg will peel and you have to squish the edges down every time and shove them back under the bumper. i'd like to point out that the peeling started probably after 5-6 months ( probably after constant use of the bumper. the rubber is flexible so it rubs the edges. protection is top notch however. i took off the shield and the glass is flawless. the feel of the glass though is just incomparable with having the zagg on. the zagg is very tacky. also after about 5 months the orange peel of the zagg i feel just gets worse and worse. to the point that after 9 months and with stuck dirt and stuff it looks absolutely horrible. i've had the zagg off for 2 weeks now and im never using zagg again. i might order a best skins ever one for it. waiting on the full body for my ipad 2 before i buy more of them. hope this helps somebody feel free to ask me any questions