Zagg IS and iPhone 4 not too good.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by double329, Jun 28, 2010.

1. double329 macrumors 6502

I have been using Zagg IS for longest times and I pretty much used it for all of my electronic devices. I have been very happy with IS. Of course, I got full body kit for both my wife and my iPhone 4.

Here is the problem: the new iPhone 4 is made of glass on both front and back. I noticed that during the very warm and humid day(yes, it is east coast thing), the IS got very soft and they peeled of very easily. It came off when you put the phone in/out of the pocket. It came off if you lay the phone flat on any surface that IS decide to adhere to. It came off too often(more so on the back side), it ended up collecting too much dust particles and lost its adhesive. At the end, the IS is useless. This has never happened with any other devices I used IS with??? Did anyone experience this? I didn't have this problem with my old iPhone 3G.

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Installed IS 3 days ago, it's been hot and muggy as hell, haven't had that issue at all. Possibly a bad skin?

The 3G and 3GS had glass fronts and I never experienced this with either of them regardless of temps.

3. -Slick- macrumors newbie

this happened when I used it on my old phones, its starts to peel off at all the edges after a few weeks and then starts to collect dust so your phone starts to look really bad plus with the discoloration after a while I ended up removing it

They do have free replacements but I had to pay for shipping each time and the new one sent to me I end up selling on ebay!

on the lookout for another brand now

4. double329 thread starter macrumors 6502

I was at the Air Show over the weekend. I had the phone in the my pocket. I took it in/out many times to use the phone. All sudden I noticed that the IS is not on the back side any more??? WTH, reached in the packet and there it was: crumbled up and collected pocket dust. I had to admit, the phone was warm also.

I emailed Zagg this morning. I am waiting and see what they say? :mad: