Zagg IS on 2010 MBP happiness!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by budman1961, Jul 15, 2010.

1. budman1961 macrumors regular

I have just installed Zagg Invisible Shield on my 2010 15" MBP, and I am pretty impressed.

The top and botton pieces are rather large, and if you dont really spray the daylights out of the pieces (and your fingertips) you may run into trouble.

The small pieces that wrap the front are cut a bit long, and some trimming was required, but ultimately the install was quite good.

You must be patient, make sure all the pieces have been full cut-out, and you must be able to accept that all the covered surfaces now have a glossy-er appearance. All in all, I am quite pleased, and well worth the money.

Search for discount codes, 50% ers are fairly common. The warranty is good, they will ship a replacement kit for shipping charges only (you have 30 days to return the old pieces or you get charged full retail).

Im happy, if you dont want your baby scratched, this is the product for you!

Andy

2. TrojanX macrumors member

TrojanX

I appreciate this as I am in the market for acquiring one for myself! I am considering not installing one because I have a terrible track record with putting those things on!

3. 301finest macrumors regular

Got pics?. I'm highly considering purchasing one

4. vant macrumors 65816

IMHO it's going a bit too far.

Now your risking liquid contact to try and protect your laptop.

I'd rather get a case than use a nasty film cover (I don't use either). They look like ass after a few weeks.

5. iApache macrumors 6502

iApache

What kind of case would you recommend?

6. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Congratulations. Now in a few months after it's turned yellow and started to collect dirt at the edges you can peel it off, send it back for a free replacement, and do it all over again. (Be sure to hang onto your receipt)

I hope you didn't apply the trackpad shield. The sticky nature of the Zagg film will make you remove it soon if you did.

7. budman1961 thread starter macrumors regular

Darth, do you have personal experience with the film? I have it on the trackpad, and I dont get any of the drag or stickiness that you mentioned.

To me, its a worthwhile addition to my MBP. The slipover cases to me look ugly, add bulk, and can scratch also.

Just my opinion, im pleased. Ill post some pix when I get a chance.:)

8. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

personally zagg sheids are garbage, there not easy to install , they DO scratch and are crazy expensive.

but if you want light protection....its the only way to go.

9. budman1961 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, they are hard to install, they can scratch, and I wanted something light.

I'd rather scratch my IS, then the aluminum skin............

10. BobbyCarbn macrumors regular

BobbyCarbn

I had the zagg on my blackbook. The install was perfect but I found that the gloss drove me nuts, so I took it off. I also thought the trackpad film was pretty sticky. I am waiting for the matte phantom skinz kit to arrive to see if it is any better.

11. unamused macrumors 6502

I have been using zagg stuff back when it use to be called invisible shield... I had it on all my ipods. at first i was really happy with the product because i absolutely hate cases and covers.

Anyway, after getting my MBP, i was looking for something to protect it and my first thoughts were about getting zagg stuff again but then i realized that the zagg stuff is shiny while the mbp is matte.... I started looking around and after some research, it turned out that wrapsol's film has a sort of matte look to it so after looking at some pix, i decided to try out the wrapsol instead.

Needless to say, I am 100% happy with the wrapsol. because you litterally have to look for the edges to know its their. the Zagg shields are wayyyy too shiny and usually have an orange peel look to them which is something that bothered me but i figured there was no way around that.

anyway, if you are in the market for these film type protectors, i would recommend wrapsol hands down.

12. elleana macrumors regular

13. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

thats not a step up ....its a slip cover....you cannot use it while you use the laptop, it only provides transportation protection.