Zagg IS v Bodyguardz?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skik210, Jun 27, 2008.

1. skik210 macrumors member

Was wondering if there is anyone out there that has used both brands of the invisible protection for the iPhone. I'm looking to pre-order one for the iPhone 3G and from the looks of it they are the same thing, but bodyguardz is cheaper (2 for the price of one). any input on which I should order? both have a lifetime guarantee I believe.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

IS was my choice at the MWSF '08, since they were installing them on my iPhone and iPod for free. :p

3. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

beware with these products
    because they use liquid application solution, they have been known to cause "dead strips" which are areas on the screen of the phone that won't respond to touch

the only safe body cover is the ones in the green package sold at apple stores
    ever wonder why they dont sell IS there?

I had a dead strip the other day but I got my phone replaced for free at an Apple store

4. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

The green one is called power support. It's good got one on my screen, nice and smooth unlike the IS. Takes damage quite well. I try to key it and nothing happens, although when I try the same thing on the IS on my ipod touch it gauges some slices into the skin, not through it but gives it a gauge.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I have an IS on my phone, the front only though and it has been fine.

6. timmypv15 macrumors regular

I have an IS and my father has one of the ones from the Apple store, and the IS has by far stood up better than the film sold at the Apple store. His is smoother, but shows scratches and wear.

7. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

I have used the Power Support screen protector and love it. I plan to buy the IS for the back and sides and the Power Support from local Apple store to put on the screen.

8. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

Have any facts backing that up or is that just some random bs?

9. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

I have had a clear film (BSE) on the two iPhones I have owned. Both have never suffered from a dead strip.

10. skik210 thread starter macrumors member

has anyone owned multiple brands? is there one you like better than the other? why?

11. badgerman macrumors 6502a

Try the fullbodyfilms protection pack they sell the IS back and 2 front PS protectors for $16. Just waiting for the 3G shapes to be released.

12. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

i prefer the powersupport anti glare film
    it doesn't pick up fingerprints hardly at all and gives the screen a better texture than it normally has

and i dont know if they have proved that the IS damages the screen, but ive had a dead strip and trust me, its scary, although easily fixed by apple (i got mine replaced the day it stopped working!!) so i wouldn't risk it. especially when power support makes a superior product

my suggestion: power support on the screen with one of those other IS or similar on the back. there is even a product that sells these together but I can't recall what it is

13. I am Sampson macrumors 6502

I am Sampson

Ok, so I'm very slowly starting to be tempted by such a thing. I still expect I'll end up ripping it off annoyed it cheapens the feel and look mind, but does anyone know where to get dccorona's suggestion as a complete package? if its cheap enough and can be removed easily if I change my mind, then I might give it a go... maybe...

14. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

fullbodyfilms...

i'd have ordered one if i knew about them before IS, but i guess it paid off since i will (allegedly) get my IS before july 11th :)