ZAGG Leatherskins + Apple Bumper

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jLp-PR, Nov 19, 2010.

1. jLp-PR macrumors regular

As anyone tried or is using this combo??

Kinda interested...

2. Austin M., Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010

Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Have NOT had a good experience with ZAGG when it comes to their screen protectors, although I do not know about these. I recommend trying out the SGP Skin Guards. A few of my friends have had these and they all say they are awesome!

SGP Store.

3. kyrules2008 macrumors newbie

I did. Those films came off on the side with my white bumper, so I removed the films. They were not a good combination for me.

Hope this helps...

4. tracid macrumors member

Here is my review for it. I posted this on the SGP website and has been queued for moderation. :)

"I've had the Leather skin guard for a week now and I'm not too happy with it at all.

The application is simple enough. With its' sticky surface, the edges are sticky as well and it will end up collecting dust and fabrics.

The size is the most disappointing factor. It is not flushed with the back edge of the phone, but about 2mm smaller on all sides leaving it exposed.

It's a very thin piece of material which is neither good or bad. However, in my opinion, it should've been a tad thicker to emulate a softer leather feel.

Overall, skin looks like leather, feels like leather. But doesn't provide the right measurements to protect the total back of the phone. The adhesive is a bit sticky and can cling onto fabric threads. I wouldn't recommend it until they resize the skin guard to the appropriate size."

I just ordered a ZAGG leatherskin. Hopefully it comes in about a week or 2. I can tell you how it works with a bumper =)

5. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Thank you, I would definitely like to know how the zagg leather skin works.

6. jLp-PR thread starter macrumors regular

Films?

Isn't not a single piece skin?

7. jLp-PR thread starter macrumors regular

Got the black Leatherskins today.

While it's IMO a better looking (and better quality) leather skin than others I've tried (SGP, Ebay), unfortunately it's unusable with a bumper. All corners are pushed in as soon as you install the bumper.

Too bad, 'cause is the best skin I've put on the back on my iPhone 4, but I'm a bumper man. But if I was gonna ride case-less, I'd happily use this skin.

Gonna give it to my brother-in-law.

8. enemi macrumors regular

enemi

I'm using a Lucky Labs back skin with the Apple Bumper, fits fine.

9. jLp-PR thread starter macrumors regular

I'm using the PhantonSkinz Matte back shield.

I did my 2nd installation today after trying and removing the Leatherskins.

Love it.

10. TheBigKing macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

I am using sgp carbon fiber back and oem bumper really like this combo :D

11. ml2k1 macrumors member

I have the Zagg leatherskin and after 2 months of using it the sides are pealing and the leather went from grainy to smooth on the corners. I guess that's what you get for $30 bucks.. but yeah quality doesn't last.