ZAGG LEATHERskins for the Apple iPhone 4 opinions

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tracid, Nov 20, 2010.

1. tracid macrumors member

2. jLp-PR macrumors regular

Good luck....

I already posted a thread asking about the leatherskins and no one has replied.. :)

3. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

Why pay $30 for that when you can get the same thing from someplace like SGP for less than $20 and you don't have to see the ugly company logo on the product...

4. tracid thread starter macrumors member

I got the SGP leather skinguard but I don't like it at all. That worst part is that it doesnt fit the back because its 2mm smaller around all sides.

5. jLp-PR macrumors regular

BINGO!

Exactly why I was asking about the leatherskins in another thread.

And I ain't buying one unless I get a 40-50% discount coupon for it.

The SGP leather skin has been a dissapointment.

6. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

difference though is that sgp is vinyl, Zagg is real leather

i took the sgp one off even with a bumper there was still exposed glass

that zagg one looks to be too big.

im happy with my carbon fiber 3m one, fits 99% of the rear glass

7. tracid thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Why would sgp create the carbon fiber skin to fit to size but not the leather?

It's about 2mm smaller than the back.

8. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I love the Zagg Leatherskin, both for my iPhone and iPad. It feels and fits great, I have the black one on my iPhone. However it does interfere with the flash when taking pictures, the cutout for the flash is very small. I guess it's possible I didn't get it applied perfectly, but the edges and around the camera all look as good as I could get them. I did contact Zagg and they say it is not an issue. They are sending me a replacement, and I will just cut the replacement out around the flash before installing it.

I did buy an SGP Leather Skin Guard also. Compared to the Zagg, it is garbage. Thin, feels like plastic. Not sure about fit, I could tell immediately it was not what I wanted so I never installed it. It does have the larger cutout for the flash though. I also contacted SGP ahead if time because I didn't want the Apple logo cutout, they still sent one with the cutout anyway:confused:.

9. tracid thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info! Hope to hear from you mallack!

10. jLp-PR macrumors regular

Have you tried the leatherskin with an Apple Bumper?

11. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

No, I just use the Leathersin without a case or bumper. I like the feel of the phone without a case, I just like the Leatherskin to keep the back from getting scratched when I set it down. Plus it always slides around when I lay it down on the glass back. It slides off my coffee table without something between the glass and the table.

12. jLp-PR macrumors regular

Maybe a picture? :D

13. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

oops sorry bough my 3m carbon fiber from

http://www.carbonbumper.com/

it fits perfectly vs the sgp rear skins that are all too small ( even with a bumper case)

14. SR Steve macrumors member

Thanks, should have purchased one of those backs instead of the ill-fitting SGP cube... plus they offer an apple logo delete option.