Zagg Pre Order!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by oojosheoo, Oct 18, 2008.

1. oojosheoo macrumors member

Hey you guys. Hope everyone is having an awesome Saturday.

I always hated the normal wear and tear on the exterior of my old mac laptops. But this time with my new macbook pro I WILL NOT LET THIS HAPPEN!! :D

Is anyone else going to pre order the zagg invisible shield for your mac?

http://www.zagg.com/

2. sukanas macrumors 6502a

sukanas

hrm.........
    i dont know......... putting on these shields is a headache... esp now that the mbps curved.. i had HELL putting the shield on my 1st gen ipod touch

3. oojosheoo thread starter macrumors member

i know what you mean. i was sweating trying to put it on my iphone. but so worth it at the end.

4. CoolMacDude macrumors regular

I just watched the video of them doing the Macbook air and spraying the liquid on it and they using a squeegee to push it off the surface of the notebook.

I'm not sure I have the proper equipment in my sack to take on that type of job and not destroy my nearly $3000 computer. If they sold them at the Apple Store and did free install I might consider it, but we all know that is not going to happen.

5. Munitalp macrumors 65816

I tried one of those for my first iPhone and it was a total pain... I ended up throwing it out. I really can't imagine trying one again for my Macbook :eek:

6. hohohong macrumors 6502

But will the heat disolve the protector?

I plan to have this done on my iPhone and unshipped MBP in Asia,... but was worried about the heat issue.

Will it be too hot to cause the protector to melt, or cause the glue (on the protector) to stick onto your MBP permanently?

In asia, it's done right in front of you and they use hair dryer, alcohol (to remove air bubble) and it's seamless,.... after application, they'll cut the hole. I did it on my 30GB iPod classic, my watch.

They even have fancy burberry or other pattern protector.

I must say, I scratched my watch a lot of tine and the protector was pretty beat up. 2 weeks ago, I peeled it off and it didn't leave any stain, glue mark.

Highly recommended but I'm bit skeptical about on MBP though.

7. oojosheoo thread starter macrumors member

very good point. hopefully the zagg team will consider this before they start shipping the final product.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

No it won't melt unless you computer can reach 300º.

The application is easy, but if it's your first time, it can be harder; the hardest part is letting go and using a lot of spray which a lot people don't want to do in fear of getting the liquid inside their computers.