Zagg protection problem.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by juan370Z, Jul 13, 2010.

1. juan370Z macrumors regular

So I bought the zagg in best buy full body. And payed 13 for installation not even 30 mins ago I put the iPhone 4 in my pocket i's naked by the way no case. So when I got my iPhone out of my pocket the damn protection in back just got off and sticked all over the place. So now I have air bubbles and i's all dirty will best buy refund me for this because i's really poor quality. What you guys think anyone have this problem?

2. keystoneuser macrumors member

Actually I have been having the same issue. I installed 2 of them and they almost act like the are slipping off but they are not. I thought they stuck better than that.

3. monarchy macrumors member

yes yes they should refund you your money!! Best Buy is really good about taking care of there customers! Just explain to them your situation and all should be well.

4. juan370Z thread starter macrumors regular

It's horrible quality. But mine completely came of 3 fourths of the way. So I don't know what's the problem. And I have 3 iPhones and they all have the same problem I don't know if maybe best buy would put a new one for me.

5. juan370Z thread starter macrumors regular

Yea maybe I get them to put a new one .

6. iWeldonJ macrumors member

I had my Zagg installed at the Zagg kiosk at the mall and they specifically told me not to put it in my pocket for atleast 12 hours. you have to let it dry!

7. bova80 macrumors 6502a

yeah you need to let it dry. its mainly your fault that happened.

8. hipvamore macrumors regular

why on earth would you put it in your pocket after 30 mins

i'm sure you turned it on also
    your fault

9. owmygulay macrumors member

+1

10. amazingdm macrumors 6502

They are crap at installing. Mine came off within an hour when I had them install it. I went and got my money back AND I was already going to since they didnt say they were going to charge for install

11. juan370Z thread starter macrumors regular

Dude I let it dry for 3 days. Barely touched it

12. juan370Z thread starter macrumors regular

When i say that I meant it happen 30 mins ago i never said when they installed it. Is not my fault

13. Sgt93 macrumors 6502a

Sgt93

I had the same problem. $30 down the drain. Zagg sucks!

14. MikeyMike83 macrumors newbie

Zagg has a 14 day installation guarantee and a 30 day return guarantee. What's the problem? Return it. I had mine installed at a Zagg kiosk and it hasn't moved. I did however get a defective one with a rainbow effect, walked back over to the kiosk and they put on another one.

15. Airmark1 macrumors regular

UMMM...No they dont.

I have been using them for years. As in before they came up with the word Zagg. I have installed them on dozens of devices including mine and my coworkers. They have always saved my device. I have always (ok just 2 of em) been able to sell my old iPhones are high rates on eBay because they are in such good shape while being protected by the Zagg cover.

They do peel yes. I simply get a replacement for free and install the new one. They do stretch; adding to the issue of getting peeled.

But, I have had some shields on for years without issue. It all depends on being shoved into your pocket several times a day. The more often then greater the chance of peeling.

OK....*****. I realize that this post is not actually a good one, and it doesnt even seem to do a good job of defending them. But I'll post anyway cuz I already wasted my time with my rambling.

Anyway Zagg rocks!!;)

16. ScottS4UofA macrumors member

I love the Zagg product, but I have had nothing but trouble out of the protector on the back of my new iPhone 4. I installed both protectors at the same time and I have had no problems with the front at all. After the 4th day of having them both on the phone, the one on the back of the phone decided to start peeling on the top right corner and about middle ways down the right side. After a failed attempt at trying to fix it, I just ripped it off for good. The front however is still holding strong. I still like the Zagg products, but I found this to be pretty odd!

17. kuaiyouming, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  18. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

19. keviikev macrumors member

The Zagg is thicker than average screen protector so it can easily catch an edge when removing it from your pocket . I run the bumper with Invisible Shield and it works perfect and saves the edges from peeling . I have used Zagg product on Canon 7D camera and it is flawless after 8 month's. If it hot the IS will loosen and your more likely to catch an edge.

Tips

1. Use a lot of solution (using to little and re adjusting the shield will leave the shield with ugly blemishes as it sticks to phone, the more solution will allow you to adjust shield better.)

2. Let it dry out and don't put in your pocket

3. Run a bumper with Shield (I do not suggest anyone using this product without some kind of bumper if you put in your pocket since it will catch edges)