********** ZAGG replacement warranty!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by esadb, Feb 24, 2011.

1. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

So I bought a ZAGG shield for my i4 spend the $22 at Futurehop not even a month ago... now the shield is peeling off already.. So I go ahead to order a replacement to find out I will need to pay $5.95 for shipping on top of a few more bucks to ship this old one back...

WTF.. Anyone have any that they bought on ebay that are like a lot cheaper and probably do just about the same job if not better?

2. psyduckiee macrumors regular

Zagg has way too much orange peel for my taste. Use a static cling and it's way smoother.

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Don't buy zagg. There are tons of other protectors out there that are better and better priced. That's not much of a replacement if you ask me.

Whatever happened to Best Skins Ever? They used to have a big following here on MR.

4. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

BSE still has fans! Like me!! hahaha, have the full body on my iP4 as I type! OP go with BSE, same skins, good quality, better price...no lifetime warranty though....I think a full body is like 9.99us....good luck

5. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

you have to pay soemthing for those warranty replacements all companys like that i beleive do the same i know wrapsol does.

6. obyte macrumors regular

When will people stop wasting money on ZAGG protectors?

7. rwd hero macrumors 6502

I love my Zagg protectors! In fact i just ordered a replacement (2nd one in 2 months) and it cost me $3.99. You can just drop the old shields in an envelope and send them back for the cost of 1 stamp. IMO these are really the best deal you can get.

8. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

Shipping for me is 5.95$ from them to get a replacement.. How is yours 3.99?

9. solardrgn macrumors newbie

mine was also $3.99 for a full body and i just used a stamp to mail it back and was received

10. Jmill79 macrumors newbie

When you sent yours back, did you have to send both the front and back, back? I ask because my front has issues whereas the back protector is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Vick84 macrumors regular

Vick84

YES..If you are getting the full body replacement then sent the front and back too..

12. cerbino macrumors newbie

Double your money back advice here.

I have done this with iPhones and iPads. Phones are easy. Tablets are a headache - time consuming, but not rocket science

The shield should peel off easily and it can be reinstalled. I have done so many times. But don't expect it to look as nice as first time, but with practice you can get close. Peel it off carefully. Get a flat pan and fill it with water and a mild soap - i use hand soap from a pump dispenser. Forget the container from Zagg. Not necessary. Nothing special, anyway. (The kiosks in malls that hover outside of Apple stores use a special vat full of water + probably soap. Take a clue from them.)

Soak the shield in the pan, being careful not to let the sticky side fold onto itself. But it that happens do not panic. Just peel in apart - can take some effort - do it slowly or the shield might stretch.

Rinse it off a lot, under warm water, with clean, soapy hands to remove the dust and crud that inevitably will have adhered to the stick surface. Let it drip dry a little, but make sure it is nice and wet. Put it back on the device and then use a squeegy gently and for a long time.

It takes a lot of patience with a tablet. Bubbles will be all over the place. Many more than with new shields, initial installs. After a few days, most will go away but again, not as nice as original installation. But so what? They are no really that noticeable with photos, videos, etc.

13. kyellowness macrumors regular

Dont like Zagg's screen protector. They have that nasty orangy texture. Not sure why they are so popular.

14. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

The old ones have that; the new HD ones do not.

Additionally, it's only annoying on the screen; it's kind of nice on the sides & back to add grip.