Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macpiglet

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2019
England
Hi all,

I’ve been trying to find a great keyboard case for my new 10.5 Pro, and much searching seems to suggest that this is a good one. I’m more concerned with protection than weight and bulk, and I’m hoping to find an excellent keyboard.

Has anybody used one? If so, can you tell me what you think, please?

Alternatively, does anybody have any recommendations?

Many thanks for any help!

magicschoolbus

macrumors 68030
May 27, 2014
I have one.
If you're concerned about protection - fear not - this case is protective, but it comes at a cost.. weight and bulk.

They keyboard connectivity never has dropped for me, backlight keyboard in 8+ colors, you can take the ipad in and out of the case very easily as its connected via magnets.

Keyboard is similar to a PC keyboard with layout and keystroke feel. Battery life is great.. has lasted me 4 months on a charge (when you turn on backlighting, this takes a huge hit, the backlighting also has various adjustable lighting levels)

If you're looking for a good deal, check out amazon warehouse deals for an open box one.. scored almost 80$ off of it.

I highly recommend the keyboard, I just wish it was not as bulky as it is.. it basically turns your ipad into a classic MacBook pro with weight and thickness.

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
I have one also and it’s very sturdy/protective and functions well. I do find it that it makes my iPad too heavy/bulky so it sits and collects dust for the most part unless I plan on extensive typing on my iPad. I almost regret buying it because I hardly use it in favor of a slim folio cover.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.