Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Zagg today announced the launch of its two newest screen protectors for the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, introducing the InvisibleShield Sapphire Defense and the InvisibleShield Glass+.

The Sapphire Defense InvisibleShield is a hybrid glass screen protector infused with sapphire to give it superior scratch resistance. According to Zagg, the Sapphire Defense combines sapphire, glass, and traditional screen protection for a "virtually indestructible" screen protector that offers 7x better impact protection compared to an unprotected screen.

zaggsapphirescreenprotector.jpg

It also features smudge resistance, a self-healing surface to mask minor scratches, and the smooth feel and clarity of traditional glass screen protectors from Zagg.
"Almost everyone can relate to the fear associated with accidentally dropping your smartphone onto a hard surface," said Brian Stech, president of ZAGG. "As mobile devices have become the epicenter of our lives, we believe your screen should look as good today as the day you first purchased your device. This mentality drives us to work tirelessly to ensure mobile users can charge through life free from the fear of a damaged screen, confident to know the world's most advanced screen protection and lifetime warranty are protecting them."
The InvisibleShield Glass+ is a less expensive tempered glass screen protector which Zagg says features advanced impact protection, scratch resistance, and reinforced edges. It's constructed from several layers to protect against scratches and it offers 2x more impact protection than an unprotected screen.

The InvisibleShield Sapphire Defense is priced at $49.99 while the InvisibleShield Glass+ is priced at $39.99. Both new screen protectors can be purchased from the Zagg website, with the Glass+ coming in early September and the Sapphire Defense coming in early October.

Article Link: Zagg Debuts New 'InvisibleShield Sapphire Defense' Screen Protector Infused With Sapphire Glass

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
Should have made these 3D instead of flat edged, I think they would have seen more people jump to purchase. For this price I can pick up 3D designed protectors that allow me to not really notice there's anything on my screen in the first place.

alleggerita

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
Singapore
Their normal ones are crap, the anti fingerprint coating does not last long and it ends up smearing.

You do realise you mentioned "coating" yourself. As the word suggests, it's a coating and it will wear off over time. Even the oleophobic coating on the iPhone's screen wears off with time

Johnny907

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
I go with the Zagg HD protector for half the price and have been very happy with it. Every single iPhone I've ever owned starting with the 3G has had a Zagg protector installed minutes after purchase. To this day I've never had a single cracked screen despite multiple drops.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
You do realise you mentioned "coating" yourself. As the word suggests, it's a coating and it will wear off over time. Even the oleophobic coating on the iPhone's screen wears off with time

Yes i specifically mentioned it fir a reason. I have protector on now, and the coating does not smear at all. Had it on for 6 months, my zags was smear fest inside a week.

Chaka Jon

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
Palm Springs
These glass screens chip, and become very sharp. I put one on my 6 Plus, right after I received it on release day in 2014. After a few weeks, the glass around both the ear piece and home button, starter to chip and eventually cut my ear. I couldn't figure out where the blood was coming from one day.

Never again.

cast128

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2003
Colorado
Should have made these 3D instead of flat edged, I think they would have seen more people jump to purchase. For this price I can pick up 3D designed protectors that allow me to not really notice there's anything on my screen in the first place.

What do you mean exactly when you say 3D? Are you just talking about the glass screen protectors with rounded edges like the Spigen GLAS.tR or something else? If so, could you provide an example just so I know what you are talking about.

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
What do you mean exactly when you say 3D? Are you just talking about the glass screen protectors with rounded edges like the Spigen GLAS.tR or something else? If so, could you provide an example just so I know what you are talking about.
Sure no problem:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ice-Max-3D-...hash=item1ea65d6b56:m:mEZeuFDbPnicqfPq-xahkKg

I've used these for a while now.. they are super smooth and feel basically like the main screen.. of course this is just my opinion. They wear over time so you might have to change it after a while. I've had them last around 10 months before I noticed some small finger printing issues where it looked like it was finally rubbing away the original "gloss". And sure they are expensive.. but boy they work so well!

Suspended
Jun 23, 2016
New York and Berlin
I never used screen protectors as they always seemed a waste until I tried "Hyper Glass" on a whim. The "Smart Touch" feature creates "shortcuts" on the bottom left and right corners to the left and right of the home button for easy access to top display selections, allowing one handed use similar to "reachability" access. I've used it on my 6 then 6s and it's held up perfectly. Well worth the $39.99.

http://lvwrkpl.com/products/hyper-glass?variant=9341242115

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Zagg products have failed me in the past and their customer service is unreliable.

Col4bin

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2011
El Segundo
No lie, I go through about 4-6 glass screen protectors for my phone every year. I typically get the cheap ones from Amazon at about $6 each and hope they last. With my luck I'd spend $49 on one of these new Zagg protectors with sapphire, and I'd somehow find a way to crack it in the first week of use.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Sapphire is not glass.

I think it's a loose definition of glass, as per the Wikipedia page:

One application of synthetic sapphire is sapphire glass often called blue glass as sapphires are blue in color. Here glass is a layman term which refers not to the amorphous state, but to the transparency.
[doublepost=1472790488][/doublepost]
No lie, I go through about 4-6 glass screen protectors for my phone every year. I typically get the cheap ones from Amazon at about $6 each and hope they last. With my luck I'd spend $49 on one of these new Zagg protectors with sapphire, and I'd somehow find a way to crack it in the first week of use.

Remind me not to hire you to clean my windows. :p
[doublepost=1472790695][/doublepost]
I never used screen protectors as they always seemed a waste until I tried "Hyper Glass" on a whim. The "Smart Touch" feature creates "shortcuts" on the bottom left and right corners to the left and right of the home button for easy access to top display selections, allowing one handed use similar to "reachability" access. I've used it on my 6 then 6s and it's held up perfectly. Well worth the $39.99.

http://lvwrkpl.com/products/hyper-glass?variant=9341242115

That is so neat!

Ries

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2007
These glass screens chip, and become very sharp. I put one on my 6 Plus, right after I received it on release day in 2014. After a few weeks, the glass around both the ear piece and home button, starter to chip and eventually cut my ear. I couldn't figure out where the blood was coming from one day.

Never again.

I have a http://panzerglass.com/ from day one on the iPhone6, I have no issues with it.

darknyt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
I go through more than that but the zagg flagship store near me replaces them for free with a $5 install fee. Plus my Corp discount makes it worthwhile in my case.

ganwilliams

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2016
uk
I agree at first purchase zagg seems like a big outlay in cash... but I really rate their service and lifetime guarantee (lifetime of product)... I have used the free replacement service several times and once you factor in the cost over time i find it to be really good value... i especially rate the HDX for screen protection (on my most mobile device being an Iphone) (although it is not quite as super smooth as the glass version (which I have on my iPad which broadly stays near the sofa and doesn't travel so far and wide as my phone and so is less likely to be dropped on hard sharp surfaces paving stones, gravel etc)) ie I choose which version of Zagg protection to buy based on the environment/level of risk the device is most likely to be exposed to...

despite multiple drops no cracked screens to date so for me they seem to work for their intended purpose.(although the glass zagg protector has shattered and in doing so protecting the actual screen)

looking forward to

ps I am a genuine consumer and have no connection to Zagg other than having purchased their products with my own hard earned money!

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
Zagg products have failed me in the past and their customer service is unreliable.

Bought one back in 2008 at MacWorld. Their VP of Marketing signed a business card saying I could return it. I didn't like the protector as it was bumpy which made sliding your finger across the screen difficult and the cut was a couple millimeters too small for covering the screen. Went with a Bodyguardz instead.

The Zagg support people tried to tell me I couldn't return it as it was purchased at MacWorld and not through their online store. I sent them a copy of the business card and they changed their tune though it was still a pain to get a refund.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.