Zagg screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Slicklx, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Slicklx macrumors newbie

I got my 8 Plus on Friday and wanted to get a screen protector put on right away. Went to a local Zagg kiosk and had the glass put on. The only thing I didn’t like is that it kept getting that halo effect around the edges. Had them remove it and install a film style one on instead. Haven’t had one since my iPhone 4s, have to say I’m glad I changed it. Can’t even see hardly on the screen and can’t feel a big difference where the home button is. Was wanting to see if anyone else out there has a film style put on.

2. swandy macrumors 6502

I got the HDX film version (after being shown the glass) and (1) I see some I guess it is what you are referring to as "halo" around the bottom and near the speaker - which the salesperson said should disappear after a few days and (2) I can most definitely feel the protector around where the home button is. Considering changing to the glass because it is supposedly bigger and perhaps I won't notice the gap as much around the sides.

3. Slicklx thread starter macrumors newbie

Mine had the halo on both sides. They tried more than one protector. What gaps are you referring to on the sides? Neither protector goes to the edges. I think the film makes it feel as there is no protector at all on it.

4. staggerlee41 macrumors 6502a

staggerlee41

I've had Zagg on phones for years. I was using the HDX on my last phone and felt it was the best of both worlds--a cross between glass and the film. It had smooth properties of the glass, and protection of the film. When I purchased the 8+, they only had glass in the store so that's what I went with. She put it on perfectly, it completely melds into the screen and using the phone is just as touching the standard glass. This is my first foray using glass on iPhone, so I'm hopeful this holds up well, if not it's back to the HDX.

5. Slicklx thread starter macrumors newbie

6. staggerlee41 macrumors 6502a

staggerlee41

Definitely thinner than glass but the Zagg glass is pretty slim by comparison to others I've seen. Plus side with glass is there is absolutely no distortion that is visible in my screen, whereas the the HDX still has a few bubbles and for whatever reason seems to be pulling up just slightly at the edges. Not to the point where it's coming off, but it's very noticeable the protector is on.