Zagg Screen Shield No Front Camera Hole!! WTF

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snomanz440, Jun 21, 2010.

1. snomanz440 macrumors newbie

Just received my Iphone4 Full Body Shield kit and the front screen shield has the home button cut out, the ear speaker cut out but no front camera cut out. Anyone else have this issue or am I the only lucky one?:confused:

2. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

There is no need as the front camera is under the glass.

3. Farfooz macrumors member

Farfooz

yup got mine and also no hole, not the end of the world because its not like itll ruin any quality, besides i mainly bought it just to protect the back, gonna buy a new screen protector as soon as iphone 4 launches, hate the zagg rough material

4. mo0620 macrumors regular

^^^^^ what he said. also the picture on zagg's website clearly shows the front does not have a front cutout.

5. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

not sure why anybody would want to use a screen protector and hinder the look of the retina display. i have never owned a screen protector and have never had a scratch. take a note from apple considering they banned screen protectors from their stores... you don't need them!

6. scotty33 macrumors newbie

I noticed this also. I emailed Zagg and was told that the ear piece speaker hole/ slit is larger and more elongated which will leave the camera exposed. If you hold the shield over your current iphone you'll notice what I'm talking about.

7. snomanz440 thread starter macrumors newbie

8. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I heard the cutout extends far enough to cover the camera as well as the speaker. Instead of making 2 separate cut outs with a flimsy piece in the middle, they just made one big cutout. Not sure how true this is or not though.

Edit: beat me to it Scotty

9. mo0620 macrumors regular

so........because apple does not sell them, it means we don't need a screen protector?

10. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

Apple doesn't sell them because they got tired of warranty/return issues with faulty installs.

Our 3 iPhones here in this household have all hit the bricks so many times I've lost count. Good cases and screen protectors have been the key to selling every generation on eBay for more than I pay for the next gen.

You're going to be sick the first time you scratch that glass on the new one.

11. mb2008 macrumors regular

Apple sells screen protectors on their website, just saw some for a 3G/3Gs at the store today.

12. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

WOW I have had mine for a week now and haven't really looked and noticed!!! that is odd cause as you can CLEARLY see there is a cut out for the front camera on the box mine came in....

[​IMG]

13. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

This is the picture of the InvisibleShield for iPhone 4. Even here, you can tell that the speaker cutout is longer than the speaker itself.

[​IMG]

14. scotty33 macrumors newbie

The packaging picture is obviously before they changed the cut. I noticed that a day after receiving mine. The pictures on their website show what the final cut ending up being.

15. Farfooz macrumors member

Farfooz

hahaha funny you post that, right under your post was the advertisement from Zagg to scratchproof the iphone. oh the irony.

16. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

yeah i guess the little sliver in between was more of a pain than anything.... looks better though!@

17. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Consider yourself lucky. Many others including myself have scratches on the screen. Just because you've never had an accident doesn't mean you don't need a seatbelt.

18. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Not everyone takes such bad care of their phones that they drop them so many times they lose count.

19. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

I'm guessing you don't have kids :rolleyes:

20. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

You'd be correct. Was I just supposed to guess that you did and thus deserve the roll eye emoticon?

21. awestruck macrumors regular

Way to be condescending. From my experience, cases harm my phone more than using me it without one.